Paragon NTFS For Mac 10 does not support foreign language characters on OSX 10.8.3

Discussion in 'NTFS for Mac & ExtFS for Mac' started by laurent_c, Apr 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. laurent_c

laurent_c Registered Member

Hi,

For all Paragon users using special characters (accented characters used in latin languages, arab or asian characters ...) to name their files or directory who upgraded to OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.3:
    You won't see any of the file you created before you upgraded with Paragon NTFS for Mac
    You will see the files you created after the upgrade, but then you won't see those files on any Mac not using Paragon !

The "good news" is that the file are still here but Paragon driver simply can't read/write the special chars in their name properly.

If you connect your NTFS HDD on a PC with Linux or Windows, you should see all your files normally wether or not they were created before or after upgrade.

So until the bug is fixed what I would recommend:
    - Do not use special chars in file names while Paragon is on (if you already did, rename them without special chars to avoid incompatibility with default OSX driver)
    - Disable Paragon driver to read your old files with special chars

I can only say it affects OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.3, not sure about 10.8.2 or below. No problem on OSX Lion (10.7.X)
    I did not check all possible special characters, some may be affected, other may still work.
    What I was able to test:
    - Japanese OK
    - Korean KO
    - Arab KO
    - accented characters used in French: é, è, à KO

I hope it will be fixed in the next update, but no news so far.

Regards,

Laurent

2. Paragon_MA

Paragon_MA Paragon Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.