Paragon missing key file in image. Urgent, please help.

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by supergrover, Jul 3, 2014.

1. supergrover

supergrover Registered Member

my hard drive was dying but I was able to make a backup before it gave out entirely using Paragon Home Edition. now, with a new hard drive i'm trying to restore that backup but it's missing a .PBR file, there's a PBE and PVHD and a bunch of "part" files to the backup - in total the image file was supposed to be around 148gb. I tried copying some of the files and renaming them to PBR extension but it still didn't work. I really need help with this guys, and anything you can think of would be appreciated, thanks...

2. supergrover

I just tried it again, and it gave me this error msg:

"Can't open or create image file"
    Error source: hard disk manager
    Error code: 0x10023

note that this fails if I'm choosing Restore or Restore from VD.

3. Paragon_MA

Paragon_MA Paragon Moderator

Content of backup in PVHD format consists of .PFI (backup index file), .PBE (pvhd container metadata) and .PVHD container itself, which can be also splitted in parts. There is no .PBR files used for PVHD backup. Probably you mean .PBF file which is old backup format?
    Could you please share a sreenshot of backup folder content to verify that all required files for restore are presented.

4. supergrover

5. Paragon_MA

Paragon_MA Paragon Moderator

According to screenshot there is .PFI (index files) missing. You can do the following:
    1) Use "Connect virtual disk" to connect your .PVHD and then extract files using File Transfer Wizard. If you do not have "Connect virtual disk" in your product you can use trial version of Hard Disk Manager 14 Professional: http://www.paragon-software.com/home/hdm-professional/
    2) Also after connection you can backup this connected disk (so it will work as backup of backup) and as result you will have same backup as original but with index files so it can be restored via Restore from VD Wizard

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.