Paragon Migrate To UEFI

Discussion in 'Paragon Early Adopter Program' started by Hypermole, Jan 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hypermole

Hypermole Registered Member

Hello,

I have installed the software and a new SSD in a New Toshiba Qosmio X875-Q7290 Laptop.
    When I try to run the program a window pops up with the button to start the process. I select to start the migration and the window dissapears then nothing happens. I waited for about 15 min. and still nothing. I clicked on the icon to start the program again and nothing. I then formatted the SSD to the GPT Partition type and restarted the computer. Same thing. Reinstalled the software (run as admin) it did a repair install tryed again and nothing. The program will launch to the first window then nothing happens. I am logged in as a admin account. The only way to get back to the first window is to restart the computer.

Thank You for any help you can provide.

Win 7 64 bit home premium.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  2. Hypermole

Hypermole Registered Member

Ok,

I did get it to run. Right click on the programs icon and select "Troubleshoot Compatability" You will be asked some prompts and then it should run threw the setup. Mine created a partition called "UEFI Boot" but nothing else. It did allow me to change to UEFI mode in my bios, Show "Starting Windows" Boot Screen but that is where it stayed?

I was able to get further than ever before but still not into the operatng system.

I have a unique situation as I was able to install Windows 7 and not have two partitions. I'm not sure I could repeat this as in all the Windows 7 installs I have done before, This is the first time I ended up with a single partition.

More fun figuring this out tommorrow o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.