Paragon MD Mgr 14 Suite - Help with C: drive restore from VD

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by AllyF, May 13, 2014.

1. AllyF

AllyF Registered Member

Any body please help me?
    I have backed up my C: drive (win7 - 64bit) using the new "Backup to VF".
    I am now trying to "Restore from VD" back to my drive C: after windows update has caused some issues for me.

However, when I try to do so I get a pop up window that says "Delete bootable partion?"
    Warning me that my compter may no longer boot correctly.
    What do I do? Will the restore work? or will my p/c be stuffed and not boot?

When I used the old Backup and restore I never had this warning , it always worked ok.

Thanks Alan F.

2. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

This is a normal warning. Since you are going to restore the bootable partition, the existing one will be deleted.

Also, it means that if the restore fails, you won´t be able to boot Windows. If this happens, you will have to try the restore again, or to restore another backup.

3. AllyF

AllyF Registered Member

Robin
    Many thanks - I clicked "yes" and all went OK - C: was restored back to its pre update condition and everything working OK again.
    Paragon is not the most intuitive software to use. For data backups I use ViceVersa which runs unattended every 2 hrs to a local disk and daily to an external NAS.
    I just use Paragon for imaging my operating system disk.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.