Paragon killed my drive (need urgent help)

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by Inds, Aug 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inds

Inds Registered Member

I had Paragon partition manager move my 1TB system partition on my 2TB drive to the second half of the disk. After 3 hours of doing its work, near the very end it reported a bad sector and froze, so I restarted the computer. My partition was gone.

I've now installed a temporary Windows XP installation on a different HDD to try and recover my 2TB one. I've ran testdisk which rewrote the partition tables so now at least there is the good old 1TB partition with a drive letter but it's marked as unformatted and the filesystem is damaged so its inaccessible.

I don't want to format it because I'll then lose my files.

How do I remedy this situation? I have over 200 GB worth of irreplaceable stuff on that drive.

2. Paragon_Matt

Paragon_Matt Paragon Moderator

Please clarify how you were going through this process, using what functions within Partition Manager. Also what version of Partition Manager. It is unlikely that the Partition Manager software wiped the disk or anything of that nature, because when doing backing up or restoring or migration we simply read the data from the source and write to the destination.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.