Paragon HFS + for Windows 8.0 will not instal

Discussion in 'HFS for Windows' started by nuetron, Apr 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nuetron

nuetron Registered Member

i have successfully installed Paragon HFS+, but this time i can't get it to install. i downloaded the trial installer for Windows 7 64-bit, i started the installer, put in my license info, and the installer starts. only problem is that it starts saying that its "rolling back the action" or something. at the end, a dialog box tells me that something is preventing HFS from installing.

i just reformatted my hard drive, installed a fresh copy of Windows 7 SP1 64-bit, and installed Adobe CS5 Master Collection, Autodesk Maya 2012, and Octane Render...thats all. i can't imagine what is preventing HFS+ from installing.

can anyone help?

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Please create installer log and post it here:
    open "Start - Run", type 'cmd' and hit Enter.
    Then type the following:
    msiexec /i "full path to the .msi file (e.g. C:\HFS_for_Win.msi)" /l*v C:\log.txt
    and press enter.

3. bardur

bardur Registered Member

I have the exact same problem :/ the most annoying thing tho, is that after I tried to install Paragon HFS, the apple driver isn't working aswell. When I start my computer up in win7 I now have to try to install paragon HFS, which then rolls back the driver, because I can't get it to install. First then do I see my Mac partition again. So it's all very strange.

I tried the log, but it's kinda unreadable to the naked eye, it says my serial is wrong, but I'm installing the trial so I don't get it. Hope the OP can post his log.

EDIT: I'm on a early 2011 15" MBP just in case the OP has same model.?!?

4. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Yeah, this definitely does not seem compatible with Windows 7 SP1. Running the setup it looks like it installs and then when it is done there is no trace of it whatsoever. Tried 3 times. o_O

5. xxJackxx

I didn't notice before that it actually rolls back very quickly at the end. From the log:
    Property(C): RightWindowsVersion_ErrorMsg = The operating system is not adequate for running installation.

It has obviously been designed to not install on SP1.

6. Mech_An

I would recommend you contact Paragon Support Team (http://www.paragon-software.com/webform/). I think they will be able to provide you new installation package.

By the way, did you try to use 9.0 version?

7. xxJackxx

Thanks for the reply. However...
    The link you provided is not working.
    The knowledge base link on the Paragon site is also not working.
    The community forum link comes back here.
    The support services link states that complimentary support is free for 30 days after purchase and is then $99.95 per incident. Version 9 is not a free upgrade. They offer a 30% discount for competitive update but nothing is mentioned for owners of previous versions.
    They are doing this wrong.

8. scutzi128

scutzi128 Registered Member

I contacted customer support and they provided me with a serial for version 9 once I told them I could not get version 8 to install. However there seems to be some serious issues with version 9 right now. After I installed it, it corrupted my osx partition and I could no longer boot to it. I had to restore from a backup to be able get back into osx. You and everyone else thinking of buying/installing version 9 needs to wait until this bug is corrected unless you like restoring your hard drives.

9. Mech_An

10. dynamind

dynamind Registered Member

you can fix it

I was freakin out the install did not work with Win7 SP1, so I fixed it.

Open the package named Paragon-170-PEE_WinInstallUnlockx64_801.msi with
    HxD, that's a free and very handy HexEditor.

Search (STRG+R) for text string VersionNT >= 500 and replace the whole string with
    VersionNT >= 601.
    Don't change something else or it won't function, copy/paste is a good idea.

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/9615/hxdk.jpg

Now that the version check looks like VersionNT >= 601 you can save it named as is.
    HxD creates a .bak from the original file. After this procedure you can install Paragon HFS+ 8.0.1 like before Win7 SP1.

best regards, Jürgen from dynamind

Last edited: May 26, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.