Paragon Hard Disk Mgr SE 9.5 usage questions

Discussion in 'Other Paragon Disk Utilities' started by practically perfect, Jan 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. practically perfect

practically perfect Registered Member

Jan 15, 2010
    Hi, new member here.
    After a hard disk failure (disaster no backups) I upgraded to a 500GB disk and bought a 1T external hard disk.

I received PHDM in magazine so trying it for the first time. Questions please:
    1. Can I partition my 500GB C drive without losing data?
    2. Should I partition my 1T external hard drive before making a copy of C drive to be put on it?
    3. Confused by "incremental - differential" choices for backup.
    4. Where should I keep the backup - in the same partition as the copy of C disk on the external hard drive or in the other partition on the hard drive.
    Really appreciate any help. Paragons help file sadly lacking step by step instructions I can understand with
  2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Aug 10, 2009
    1. Yes you can partition without losing data.
    2. Yes, I would recommend preparing the 1TB hard drive before copying the partition. There needs to be 'unallocated' space for the Copy Wizard. If you mean to do a backup, and not copy (clone) then you need an existing partition to copy the backup archives to.
    3. Incremental is a file-level backup only, each incremental are linked and dependent of one another during the restore. Differential is sector-level backup only, and independent of each other.
    4. You can backup wherever there's available space.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.