Paragon Hard Disk Manager and PCI IDE cards

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by TOSK, Sep 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TOSK

TOSK Registered Member

I’m using Paragon Hard Disk Manager 2008 Pro. Today I installed a Rosewill IDE PCI card, RC-208, I attached one of my drives that already contained data.

Under Win XP Hard Disk Manager shows 1 primary partition and 1 extended partition containing 5 logical partitions, exactly as it should.

When I boot from the paragon recovery disk it shows 1 primary partition and 1 completely empty extended partition. :(

I use to have a promise/Maxtor IDE card which Hard Disk Manager seemed to have no problem with.

Do you think it’s a card problem or maybe hard disk manager just has a problem with this card?

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hello TOSK,

If you don't recognized your partitions from the recovery disk, it's very likely that the recovery disk natively doesn't support your controller. If you install the program in Windows and perform all the necessary task from there, we shouldn't see any discrepancies.

Hard Disk Manager 2009 comes with a more updated database of default drivers for hardware as well as the WinPE recovery disk, which gives the ability to load your own set of drivers.

If your version of HDM 2008 Pro comes with the WinPE cd, certainly worth a try.

-Tommy

3. TOSK

TOSK Registered Member

I found it strange that it successfully recognized the Primary partition and the extended. I would have expected to see a yellow bar if the card wasn't supported

Thanks for the info.

4. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

In the text form, are the partitions listed under Extended Partition? Is it the same case in Windows or only in the recovery disk?

5. TOSK

TOSK Registered Member

6. TOSK

TOSK Registered Member

Some good news.

I attached an 2nd drive to the Rosewill. Under xp, using hard disk manager, created a similar configuration ( primary and extended with logical partitions). Recovery now sees the logical partitions on the 2nd drive, still does not see them on the other drive. Guess I have to create through the Rosewill.

Hard disk manager seems to have a problem with the disk names on the Rosewill.

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc141/night__rider/phdmc.jpg

Windows Disk Management tells me hard disk 3 is "Maxtor 9 0648D3 SCSI Disk Device". It seems to be confused with the disk 4.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.