Paragon Hard Disk Manager 2010 Suite

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by draman, Mar 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. draman

draman Registered Member

Today I have purchased Paragon Hard Disk Manager 2010 suite. Really nice one. Does backup and restore on my WIN 7 32 bit OS quickly. But I am disappointed to find no file explorer in the WINPE recovery CD. You are confined within the Paragon environment. Unlike Macrium Reflect or Shadow Protect where file browser are given there is no such facility to click any other application file directly. I hope this will be provided soon.

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Did you try the File Transfer Wizard?

You can browse your drives and see all the files with that. You can also copy them elsewhere .

3. draman

draman Registered Member

File transfer is there. Outside that you can not browse to any other application file and click it. There is not even command prompt available. That is what I meant.

4. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi draman,

You will find the File Transfer Wizard is extremely useful - you can see and perform operations on Hideen files, for example.

I expect Paragon thought it best to keep everything to simple GUI's for the average user.

Intermediate users should be able to easily add access to the command prompt from the Express menu and include other apps of their choosing.

Like this:

EXPLAUNCHHDM2010PE-2010-03-09_235747.jpg

5. draman

draman Registered Member

Agreed. File transfer wizard is there to copy files. But copying is restricted within that file transfer wizard only. Outside that you cannot right click any file and copy or execute any other file. That is what i meant that you are restricted and confined within the Paragon Recovery environment. There is not even any command prompt available. May be in server version the command prompt is there. I feel these basic things should be made available in recovery environment as it is made available in Shadow Protect or Macrium Reflect recovery environment.

6. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK Administrator

What’s new in Hard Disk Manager 2010?

Suite:
    • The only partitioning tool which provides Windows 7 full support.
    • Keeping this tool to hand is a guarantee that any disk maintenance tasks will be easily and promptly resolved.
    • Migration to other hardware is no longer a headache! Powerful P2P functionality makes your old system bootable on any type of new hardware.
    Professional Edition includes all the functionality of Hard Disk Manager 2010 Suite plus the following:
    • The only cost-effective, all-in-one hard disk management tool for virtual drives and physical workstations and servers.
    • Full maintenance for virtual drives of well-known vendor offline (there is no need to turn on the virtual machine) including partitioning, disk imaging, wiping and performance increasing tasks.
    • Enlarge your digital facilities by taking advantage of the seamless migration to virtual environments (P2V). Make your physical operating system hardware independent.
    • Automate standard maintenance routines using the in-built scripts language and then run complex tasks by schedule or in several clicks.
    For a full comparison to what is included in the different versions please see:
    http://www.paragon-software.com/home/hdm-personal/comparison.html

7. HobbitRock5150

HobbitRock5150 Registered Member

I'm new to HDM 2010 Suite myself, pretty new to Paragon actually.
    I used to use Acronis, and before that, Ghost...
    I like that HDM doesn't run background processes I don't need like Acronis does.
    One thing I do miss about Acronis though is the ability to make images from the Recovery Media; one can only restore them from the Paragon HDM media...unless I'm missing something?

8. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi Hobbitrock,

You can make backup images from both the Linux and WinPe recovery media.

I am not sure how you are missing it - "Backup" is right there on the Express menu (WinPe) and the main interface Wizards drop down - and on the main menu in Linux recoverry .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.