Paragon Hard Disk Manager 14 - C Drive showing as not formatted

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by walpurgis, Mar 18, 2014.

1. walpurgis

walpurgis Registered Member

On a Toshiba 128GB SSD runing Windows 8.1 my C drive shows healthy and without error in all Windows tools and views, i.e. disk management, or running chkdsk, yet in HDM14 it shows as 'not formatted' under file system, while all other partitions (recovery, etc) show intact and okay.
    Any idea why?

2. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

Perhaps they aren´t seeing the same partition. Are you using the Paragon program from a boot disk?

3. walpurgis

Thank you for the reply. Fair question. There aren't that many partitions I have on the drive, so I am certain it's the same. And the problem is the same when using Paragon from w/i Windows or from a boot disk. However, I don't think it is a problem with the Paragon software, because another partition manager software (AOMEI partition assistant) shows the same issue. Only the Windows tools show it all healthy (NTFS).
    The reason I bring this up here is, Paragon won't let me do a file based backup, and I don't know what will happen when restoring the partition (sector) backup if I went ahead and re-formatted my C Drive.

4. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

This may be applicable: [Issue] Partition coloured red and marked as “Invalid”

But before doing this or any other thing that could damage the partition, I would back up it as "raw" (sector by sector).

5. walpurgis

Thank you, Robin! I did exactly as you suggested, but it didn't fix it. The partition does show in red, but only says: "Not Formatted".

6. walpurgis

Tried several options of getting my files off so I could format the drive, but none succeeded. Paragon keeps having write errors when it comes to User folder, regardless if backing up to external HD (tried two different ones), or a network drive.
    Not sure what I am doing wrong--

7. whitestar_999

whitestar_999 Registered Member

make sure this 128gb ssd is not protected by some kind of hardware/software encryption/feature because that too can make a disk "unreadable/raw" to any other utility except the windows/software/hardware used to protect it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.