Paragon Exact Image 7 - Incremental backups?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Trade67, Mar 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trade67

Trade67 Registered Member

Seeing as the Paragon forum has only tumbleweed rolling through it, I am copying my question about the incremental backups in Exact Image.

Is there an incremental backup option in Exact Image 7? I am evaluating the trial version of this imaging tool. I know a few reviews mentioned incremental backups in EI7, but I can't find anything in the software or in the help, except for one mention of incremental backups in relation to the "backup capsule". I would like to perform an incr. backup on a regular image since I read that after creating the backup capsule, you need to purchase EI in order to remove it.

Thanks.
    I found this forum through Acronis site while evaluating their TI9, which did not even create a verifiable image for me. After that, I tried Paragon Drive Backup 7 and liked it, but EI seems to do many of same things, and it is on sale right now.

2. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Above their forum I clicked "Paragon Knowledge Base" then "end user" and searched under "Exact Image" and version "7.x" (only choice...) and it comes up with 4 results - three of which look relevant. The articles themselves seem to just call the software "drive backup" but I am guessing the personal edition is now called Exact Image. Anyway this is really just conjecture - someone who has used it may show up here sooner or later and hopefully you will get a response on their forum.

3. Trade67

Trade67 Registered Member

Thanks for the effort, Detox. It does appear the knowledge base articles refer to Paragon's other offerings: Drive Backup mainly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.