Paragon DriveBackup 9.0 Server Question

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Caos, Sep 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caos

Caos Registered Member

Hi,

Can Paragon DriveBackup 9.0 Server or Enterprise, restore specific files of one backup image?

I think yes, but don´t get it to work, need help.
    Have done a full backup disk, click to restore files (restore wizard), select backup archive, switch to file view, select file, and give me this error: the wizard could not open the archive file, the following error had ocurred: invalid archive file.

Computer with W7 Ultimate x64, and Paragon DriveBackup 9.0 server trial version.

When buy the product, it´s included or not, one year update/support (if buy now can obtain free the next version 10. Also aprox. release date of this version?)

In the near future Paragon will release Spanish´s versions of his products?

Thanks. Regards.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
  2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hello Caos,

The trial version will not include the mount archive feature. However, you can use the file transfer wizard under Tools to extract files.

Server edition includes 60 days complimentary support. Extended support is also available.

Drive Backup 9 Professional and Server are available in Spanish as well.

Please contact our sales rep if you require additional information regarding support, upgrade options, and full feature evaluation.

Corporate Sales/OEM/Partners
    Phone: 1-888-347-5462

3. Paragon_Cisco

Paragon_Cisco Paragon Moderator

Hello Caos,

There are 3 ways to extract content or files from a backup:

File Transfer Wizard
    • Click Tools, File Transfer Wizard.
    • Click Next, Browse to your backup file on the right.
    • Double click the .PBF (if you backed up a partition by itself), or the .000 file that corresponds to the partition you wish to enter (if you backed up the entire disk at once). The name will be similar to My_Backup0000p.000 for the first (0) partition, then My_Backup0001p.000 for the second (1) partition, and My_Backup0002p.000 for the third (2) partition.
    • After you double click, wait a moment. It could take up to 2 minutes for a backup over 100GB before you will see the + icon expand beneath the file. Usually it takes about 2 seconds.
    • Expand the + to see the contents inside the backup.
    • Highlight what you need and click the left arrow in the middle to place the item(s) on the clipboard.
    • Click next to select a destination to restore to.
    • This feature is available from both Windows and Recovery CD’s.

Volume Explorer
    • On the main screen (Disk View) there are 3 vertical tabs in the middle of the main window and the left hand side bar.
    • Open the Volume Explorer Tab.
    • Browse to your backup file and double click it to enter. In the volume explorer you can double click the .PBF file regardless of the type of backup. If you backed up an enter drive, it will expand all of the partitions beneath the PBF, or just the individual partition from the 000. This is slightly different (a little more convenient) than the File Transfer Wizard.
    • This option is only supported from Windows or the WinPE Recovery CD.

Mount Archive
    • Open the ‘Archives’ tab next to Disk View and Scheduled Tasks.
    • Change the drop-down in the middle to ‘Show Partitions’.
    • On the bottom half, locate the backup you wish to mount.
    • If the backup is not on the list (usually because it wasn’t backed up at this system) click the green + to browse and add the file.
    • Right click and choose ‘Mount the selected archive’.
    • Choose a drive letter.
    • Open My Computer – Your backup is now accessible as if it were a read-only hard drive.
    • This option is only supported from inside Windows.

You get 60 days of support free with the purchase of the software and 30 days of upgrade assurance. You can purchase 1 year upgrade assurance and 1 year extended support which gives you 24/7 access to our support team. We are expecting the release of Drive Backup 10 in the coming weeks.

Please contact our sales team for pricing: 1-888-347-5462

Some of our products including Drive Backup Server 9.0 are already available in Spanish. Please mention that to the sales representative and he can register the appropriate version to you.

4. Caos

Caos Registered Member

Update to new version are included in the 60 days complimentary support?

Where? I´m Spanish Reseller of Paragon, and the only option that appears me in the resellers portal is in English (also in the web say me only in English)

I have send a email to sales (today morning 9:31 am) at the moment not reply.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
  5. Paragon_Cisco

Paragon_Cisco Paragon Moderator

Me disculpo, paragon_tommy y yo respondimos al mismo tiempo.

Por favor leer que yo escribió (Paragon_Cisco).

Aquí es el numero del producto de Drive Backup 9.0 Server Edition (Spanish) : PSG-111-SES-PL

Es posible que no tienes acceso para hacer lo. Pero yo podía registrar lo en la cuenta mía.

Gracias

6. Caos

Caos Registered Member

Hola,

Te he enviado un mensaje privado.

Gracias.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.