Paragon Drive Image 9 Pro

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by n8chavez, Jul 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

Anyone have an opinion of it? Is it HIR?

The search continues....

2. BrysonB

BrysonB Registered Member

I'm also in the market for imaging and restoration software. Since there seems to no highly recommended freeware, I was interested in some experienced users opinions of Paragon Drive Image and Acronis True Image. I simply want to be able to restore my HD in case of a major catastrophe. Is there a major $10 difference in these two products? o_O

3. n8chavez

This is listed as a feature for the personal version. It says under its features:

Under the Professional version is says:

But Vista is listed, not XP. That makes me worry a litttle.

4. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Lodore is a Paragon user.

5. PoetWarrior

PoetWarrior Registered Member

I really like it. I've done a few restores because of back and forth between XP Pro and Vista HP and Paragon works great. I've restored from the capsule, and from the rescue disk, not one failure. Recognized both of my external drives ( SimpeTech, Western Digital).

6. cortez

cortez Registered Member

Do you (or anyone) know if it images XP onto DVD's with Paragon 9 ?

Has anyone been able to restore XP from DVD's with Paragon 9 ?

I have gotten TI10 to work XP from DVD's (actually only from a single DVD).

I have not needed to use more than one so far.

Imaging TI10 from a hard drive has been amply proven for me on XP.

7. osip

osip Registered Member

cortez:

Why not try Image For Windows. An image from IFW to DVD creates a bootable IFD image on DVD...after inserting and boot just click OK and the restore will be fully automated...

8. lodore

lodore Registered Member

hello,
    i was also confused about it only saying restore vista to different hardware
    i would go here
    use that form to create a ticket to ask paragon questions.
    should get a reply within a few days.

9. PoetWarrior

PoetWarrior Registered Member

It does say it can write an image to DVDs but that's something I tried only once in Vista and it did not work. I'm not sure if it was Paragon or Vista that had the problem. My experience with Vista would lean more toward a Vista problem rather than Paragon, but that's only an educated hunch.
    :D

10. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

This thread is about Paragon. Recommendations for other products in this thread are off topic. Please Refrain.

Pete

11. pandlouk

pandlouk Registered Member

The manual says clearly that can restore image on different hardware only Vista (Both Paragon home and pro versions) and server 2008 (only the pro version) images
    Panagiotis

12. n8chavez

Thanks "Ladore,"

I'll do that. But I'm not sure how effective this will be. I haven't had the best luck with Paragon support. I'm tryin to take advantage of their competetive upgrade offer (50% off) but I'm not getting anywhere. The guy I'm talking to now has a real attitude and will not acce[t my IFW receipt because it is an email, even though that's all I was ever given. Bummer too because I need that discount.

But we'll see.

13. lodore

lodore Registered Member

hey n8chavez,
    pm with the name of the paragon support person your dealing with.
    i have always had good support from paragon.

14. midway40

midway40 Registered Member

I have only had to use Paragon's support once but it was very nice.

I haven't attempted to burn DVD's with PDI 9.0. I am just backing up the image to a second partition every week.

I had seen reference to the Adaptive Restore but I never got around to seeing what it was about. I just checked on Paragon's site and this feature is also present in the Personal version (which I have) as well.

15. RAD

RAD Registered Member

I have been using Paragon DriveBackup 8.51 under VISTA for quite a while, and I can vouch for the fact that it has worked perfectly for me and I have restored images many times, under just about every scenario

I originally came to this forum, and later researched Paragon, because Acronis was simply comletely worthkless under Vista. Just check their section of the message board.

I haven't tried Paragon Ver. 9 yet, but I just bought another new computer and plan to buy it soon.

Another difference is that Paragon's customer service actually provides rational responses from a human being. :D

16. lodore

lodore Registered Member

hi Rad,
    8.51 has worked flawlessly for me as well.
    atm paragon are helping 3 people with one problem with version 9. in one of the people helping them.
    should be fixed soon enough. situaton click restore archive, select partition to restore to, finish wizard, apply changes reboot. blue screen of death instead of restoring the archive.

17. n8chavez

I wish that had been my experience I have had the opposite experience. Right now I am being "helped" by representitative named ~~personal name removed~~. I was interested in their competitive upgrade; from Image For Windows. He has been nothing but rude to me and has belittled me. I have asked to speak with his supervisor.

By far the worst support experience I have ever had.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2008
  18. n8chavez

Has it been verified that Paragon Drive Backup Pro does not have HIR abilities with XP? The above situation has been resolved and, as a result, I was given a massive discount.

19. RAD

RAD Registered Member

Bad news. I hope you get the help you need.

I have actually only contacted Paragon support a few times with minor questions....no "problems". I got good, quick, polite answers.
    But I was really just trying to contrast the Paragon support with the "Please fill out a support ticket" automated emails from Acronis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.