Paragon Drive Backup & Restore

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Bob Bloch, Nov 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Bloch

Bob Bloch Registered Member

I'd like to use the freebie Paragon Backup & Restore 10 to allow reformatting of Disk 0 on my Dell Dimension desktop. However the backup capability apparently will NOT allow backing up the 32 MB FAT partition at the front of disk 0 - only the larger NTFS partition ('C:') can be backed up to external USB drive. After successfully backing up disk 0 it will be formatted for Linux use. If the backup must be restored to disk 0 what happens to the former FAT partition?

(1) are there restore options to handle this config ?
    (2) Should ONLY the current NTFS partition (not FAT) be re-formatted for Linux use ?

Thanx.

Bewildered Bob

2. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

There are usually two special Dell partitions. The “Dell Utility” partition is used to run diagnostics, and is probably the one you are referring to. The “Dell Restore” partition” is used to restore the factory image.

The simplest thing to do is to backup the whole disk and reformat only the NTFS partition.

3. Bob Bloch

Bob Bloch Registered Member

Hi Robin: thanx for the quick reply. There is only ONE 31MB partition with no clue which one of the two you mentioned. Shd i be concerned that there is only one ? Will there be problems with: (a) restoring or (b) diags ?

Bob o_O
    --------------------------------------------------------------

4. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Most likely that partition is the Dell Utility partition containing basic diagnostic tools. Not all hard drives will have two of the Dell partitions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.