Paragon Doesn't Restore

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Univerzal, Dec 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Univerzal

Univerzal Registered Member

I backed up an image of my hard drive to an external drive using the latest Paragon Backup and Restore.

I was wishing to downgrade from Windows 7 to XP and figured I could restore my data if there were any problems.

I've had trouble with some drivers and decided to restore the image.

But, after telling Paragon to restore my data and restarting the computer, I am met with a blinking black screen. There is not even a cursor, just a black screen that turns on and off.

So I have to reinstall XP from a disc so I can install Paragon and attempt another restore, but the results are always the same.

Will someone please tell me what to do?

Thanks in advance.
    Edit: Paragon's archive integrity check tells me the archive has no problems.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  2. cincinnatijack

cincinnatijack Registered Member

Just do the restore using the WinPE rescue disc from Paragon, this will do a complete restore without any problems.

3. Univerzal

Univerzal Registered Member

I'm trying to restore a disk image of my personal data.

I don't see how the WinPE disk would help. I'm also using the free Paragon and don't have the disk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.