Paragon BR 2012 and Windows 8

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by remaker, Feb 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. remaker

remaker Registered Member

So I exchanged a defective laptop (Acer Aspire V5) with UEFI and Secure Boot.

I made a backup with Paragon to an external USB drive.

When I got the new machine, I disabled UEFI and ran the restore wizard to wipe the factory new drive and install the backup.

Once the backup was restored, I reenabled UEFI and Secure Boot. Now, I am stuck in a boot loop if "Diagnosing" and "Performing Automatic Repair."

I suspect there is some element of secure boot that is evading me? I have not found much to read about performing backups and restores across UEFI/Secure Boot machines. Am I missing something fundamental? Are images transportable across machines?

2. remaker

remaker Registered Member

Well, never mind. I did it again and it worked, using the full interface instead of the simple restore.

I must have messed something up last time.

Anyway, sorry to bug you! Works great. I just set to Legacy Boot for the CD boot, and switched back to UEFI/Secure boot to boot Windows 8.

3. RMinNJ

RMinNJ Registered Member

Good to know one can switch back to secure boot after using, what I think you
    have here, the linux recovery CD.

My new machine is windows 8 uefi, secure boot . Disabling secure boot my bios gives all kinds of warning that it may mess up something. Made me think I would not be able to boot windows 8 again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.