Paragon Backup & Recovery takes extra ordinary lenght of time to backup t

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by 62cwil, Aug 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 62cwil

62cwil Registered Member

When I do a backup now it takes less than 5 hours to do 126 gig image of my hard drive backup up to my Seagate Go Flex 2 TB backup drive which is usb and plugged directly into computer. That seems ok to me. When I schedule a backup doing everything the same except now selecting schedule vs backup now it takes upwards of 12 hours. I start the backup via schedule at midnight. The only thing that runs during the night is windows update if any. My backup ran last night and I checked and their were no window updates last night. I did call Irvine and the person told me to do a test by setting up to do scheduled within an few min and watch to see how much time remaining. I did and started out 3 min and worked up to 7. This took 4 min. I know had I watched for another 10 -20 it would have built up to a higher number but not sure what that will prove. Here is email report from the backup that took 12 hours:

Full E-mail notification report. System
    info: Computer Name: CHARLES-PC Microsoft Windows 7 (Service Pack 1) Summary: Generated: 08/01/2011 12:19:52 PM All operations have been applied successfully. The following operations have been performed: Backup partition or disk Source: Hard Disk 0 Target: Archive "J:/Paragon Images/arc_110711064117834/arc_110711064117834_2011_0801.PBF" Parameters: volume label: Scheduled Backup August one to one copy: false backup MBR: false backup 1st track: false autoname files: true compression level: 10 split size: 8192000 encripted archive: false incremental: false dont use tempfiles: false sign archive: true burn entire disk: false

Can you help me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.