Paragon Backup & Recovery 2012 Free Edition

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by vpndude2012, Dec 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vpndude2012

vpndude2012 Registered Member

Hi i had a few questions, years and year ago i used to back up and to a cd with Norton ghost, and have also used acronis true home image.

I understand that this program will back up to dvd as well as hard drive. Im assuming these discs you make are not bootable and you must rely on the program running. I'm also assuming the only bootable disc is the emergency one to boot into the program on hard drive to install.

Is this assumption that the only way to restore your images is to have the program running in windows? are they any programs that could use bootable discs and not need to have the program constantly running ? is there no advantage burning the dvd's if you have to use the program and just run from an external hard drive.

My concern is, if using this program is it similar to windows system restore, in terms of secure file deletion, you secure delete files but traces are allways there ? or would this program not effect secure erasing ?

2. wptski

wptski Registered Member

All Paragon products have the ability to create a bootable that puts you into Windows in memory which allows you to restore your archive wherever it's stored. The catch is that it's a Linux disc and may not work on your system. If not not, you'll have to create your own WinPE disc.

The paid for products allow you you to create a bootable disc using their Boot Media Builder. You just have to download/install the WAIK from Microsoft yourself. In the past, they included a ISO that you burned a disc but Microsoft changed their policy for allowing that for free.

3. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

That is why i stopped using macrium reflect free because it would not see my external hard drive in the recovery environment.It suggested i download a 1.5 gb windows PE and use this to recover.
    At the moment the windows built in imaging is the only way i can image and restore at the moment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.