Paragon Backup & Recovery 2010 Free Advanced Edition released

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by MrBrian, Sep 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

2. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

3. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

Has anyone besides me tried this? I was curious so I installed it, used the backup and restore options with success and also found I could create a .vmdk clone of my complete win7x64 installation that I'm able to run in vmware7 workstation, no problems. This suite seems excellent so far :) Backup images are a bit large (92GB compresses to ~26GB) with default normal compression but otherwise no problems. I used the recovery cd to create/restore an image.

4. airjrdn

airjrdn Registered Member

If the boot cd can create images, it's one of the few free options that can. Do you know if it also backs up the MBR?

5. wtsinnc

wtsinnc Registered Member

I'm curious about this as well. If it's true, then Paragon has given us a real winner !

6. Aaron Here

Aaron Here Registered Member

If you want this it's available for download (no registration necessary) on CNET.

7. Night_Raven

Night_Raven Registered Member

Registration is necessary. During the installation it asks for a product key and a serial number, and won't install without them.

As far as backing up a drive from the boot CD is concerned it would seem that it is actually capable of doing it. I tried it on my virtual machine and did indeed create an image of the system drive.
    Very nice indeed, as the only other free products that are capable of doing a backup from their rescue CDs are Redo Backup & Recovery and the free but hardware limited versions of Acronis True Image - Acronis True Image WD Edition and Seagate DiscWizard.

8. Aaron Here

Aaron Here Registered Member

Sorry that I mis-spoke - I have no need for it, so I didn't try installing it. :oops:

9. 3x0gR13N

3x0gR13N Registered Member

10. airjrdn

airjrdn Registered Member

It appears viamtheir screenshots that it will backup the MBR as well. It also appears to support most popular Linux filesystems. This just might be a winner folks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.