Paragon Backup cannot see mounted drive!

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Anderson2, Feb 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anderson2

Anderson2 Registered Member

I recently purchased Paragon Backup and Restore 10 Home and discovered that it cannot see mounted drives!! I need to backup to an encrypted mounted drive but discovered that Paragon cannot even see it!!! The mounted drive is visible in Windows 7 and in all other applications.

This is terrible. I purchased a large flash drive precisely to have a portable backup of certain files (in addition to my other backups) and obviously the flash drive needs to be encrypted. I use TrueCrypt but that is irrelevant. Paragon should see mounted drives.

Any solutions?

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

In general B&R doesn't work with encrypted volumes.

Did you try to disable UAC?
    * Go to Start Menu -> Control Panel -> User Accounts and Family Safety -> User Account.
    * Click on User Account Control settings link.
    * Slide the slider bar to the lowest value (towards Never Notify), with description showing Never notify me.
    * Click OK to make the change effective.
    * Restart the computer to turn off User Access Control.

3. Anderson2

Before I do that, let me understand. Are you saying that Paragon cannot see encrypted volumes or that if UAC is lowered or off Paragon can then see encrypted volumes?
    In trying to find something that works I discovered that Macrium also cannot see mounted volumes, but Acronis 11 can.
    I've already purchased Paragon and would therefore prefer to Use Paragon if I can make it work.
    Also it seems that Paragon is very slow when used to backup individual files.

4. Mech_An

1) There is no guarantee that disabling UAC will fix the issue with encrypted drive. They are officially not supported.
    2) UAC usually prevents Paragon from seeing mapped network drives. So it may help.

5. Anderson2

Thanks for helping. I disabled UAC and rebooted. Unfortunately Paragon could still not see the mounted drive.

Looks like I will need to purchase Acronis. Wonder why Acronis can see mounted drives but Paragon cannot.

6. Mech_An

What ecrypting software do you use?
    Could you please post here screenshot of Windows Disk Management and Windows Explorer where encrypted volume is shown?
    Windows Disk Management tool:
    * right-click on 'My computer' and choose 'Manage';
    * select 'Disk Management' in 'Storage';
    * maximize the window;
    * run Snipping tool, select the area and save it.
    Windows Explorer:
    * open My computer and save screenshot.

7. Anderson2

I use TrueCrypt 6.3
    Here are the 2 images. The mounted drive I mounted for this example is "Local Drive R:"

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.