Paragon Backup Can Not Find The Install Partition For the Recovery Environment.

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by an2tex, Sep 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. an2tex

an2tex Registered Member

I can create the backup capsule - but.... I can not have the recovery environment installed. Like the one asks "press F1 to." .

In the "Manage Backup Capsule", I click next and it says it can not find the install partition.

I played with some partition managers, how can I have it back?

2. an2tex

an2tex Registered Member

Is it possible?

3. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

hi an2tex,

Could you please provide some details on your situation:
    1) Screenshot of the Windows Disk Management
    right-click Computer and select Manage
    navigate to Disk Management and enlarge the window to show all drives
    run Snipping tool and select entire Windows Disk Management window
    save image and attach it here
    2) Please describe what exactly you want to get: bootable backup capsule with option to press F* key on startup or something else?
    3) What Paragon product do you have? ( it will be easier to suggest correct options)

4. an2tex

an2tex Registered Member

Hi.

Here are the screenshots. My computer boots normally (Windows :cool:.

I can create backup capsule - but when I try to make it boot with F1 button, I get the error in the attached screenshot. :ouch:

I use Paragon Backup Compact 12.

Any screenshot you need - or any other clarfications needed - just ask me.

Attached Files:

5. Mech_An

According to your screenshots, you have GPT-formatted drive and your OS boots in uEFI mode.

The error-message is related to additional small partition creation for storing Paragon recovery environment compatible with UEFI boot.

Is it possible to completely remove create Backup capsule and re-create it with boot option enabled ?

If yes, then please remove the backup capsule, leave unallocated \ free space in the end of HDD.
    Run Manage capsule wizard again and create capsule with bootable option enabled.
    It will create 2 new partitions: small for recovery environment and large for backups.

6. an2tex

an2tex Registered Member

I deleted the capsule with the cost of having the fresh Windows Installation deleted.

However - after creating a new backup capsule there is not additional partition other than the backup capsule.

I tried different variations - deleting this time from, windows disk management etc. and recreating the capsule.

But none of them worked.

Again I get the same error.

7. Mech_An

Sorry , an2tex,

It's my mistake - I missed the point that Compact edition doesn't have WinPE media builder included.

Creating bootable backup capsule for UEFI\GPT configuration requires WinPE recovery environment creation and extraction to specific boot partition.
    the wizard message is wrong and lead to such misunderstanding. I hope it will be replaced in next version with correct warning and won't allow users to try bootable backup capsule creation.

So the bad news are: you lost all your backups in Capsule and Capsule can't be bootable in your configuration.

Once again - sorry =(

8. an2tex

an2tex Registered Member

No problem. No harm done. At least you tried to help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.