Paragon Backup and Recovery 10 Basics

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Magic Sam, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magic Sam

Magic Sam Registered Member

I have installed this software and - by trial and error - have imaged my hard disc onto a partitioned external drive. I consulted the "Help" file for guidance but concluded that it was written solely for people who do not need Help files (I am not an advanced user but not a beginner either).
    - There does not seem to be a simple basic "tutorial" for newbies that want to understand how to use the system and procedures to best effect.
    - I finally hit on differential backup by accident after trying to find it in the Help file in vain. I think I have used it but the process seemed to be little different from a full backup, equally time-consuming. The symbol opposite the result was different however (big deal)
    - Archive Integrity is confirmed OK but during the backups there was a pop-up screen stating that file integrity was impaired (I forget the exact wording). No indication of what to do next.
    - A proper help file would have guidance on what to do in a worst case scenario when one's hard disc has suffered melt-down and the only recourse is to use what has been backed up.
    I suspect that none of these points is rocket science to the advanced user but a complete package would give the new user more confidence than in my case. May be I'm just thick. Granted that this software is a free download but I don't feel that it is a particularly good incentive to upgrade to the paid-for product. May be Paragon could oblige with something more user-friendly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.