Paragon backup 2013 not very good

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by st101, Dec 28, 2013.

1. st101

st101 Registered Member

Hi. I started to use paragon backup after trying many others. Paragon was the best in that, it would do everything for you. No need to edit boot sectors or change anything. Once you loaded your backup, you could then reboot and it would load.

I had been using Paragon 2011 and all seems to work fine. I downloaded BR 2013 but I really don't think it's as good as 2011. It doesn’t seem to work right.

First I would like to say, that if you used backup 2011 and have backup files from that, it will not work in 2013. By rights, the newer version should be backwards compatabale with BR 2011 files. Can Paragon please sort this in the future?

I did a backup of windows 7 with 2013 and it would not boot. I tired windows 7 repair but it said, it could not repair. I believe this is to do with the 2013 version of BR. Going to try again with BR 2011 at some point.

I also had the same problem with xp in 2013. I really don't think it's as good or works as well as 2011.

Some of the graphics you use in 2013 is not as good as 2011. Much better progress screen in 2011.

Another thing is it keeps asking you to save when you have already done so. It still says in the bottom right, you have unsaved changes. This looks like a bug to me

Also I wish you could make the restore work on a smaller drive. If your total backup is say 100GB and you have a 160GB Hard disk, it won't restore to it, if your backup was made from a 1TB hard drive.

I'm no pro but it does appear BR 2013 is poor compared to 2011. Please improve with 2014 and sort the problems out.

I may ask some more question in another post later.

2. st101

st101 Registered Member

Well is seems it's a bit screwed up.

I made another backup in 2013 moved it to another computer with BR 2011. Guess what? BR 2011 can read BR 2013 backup files but as said above, BR 2013 can't read BR 2011 files. It don't make sense.

Anyway I did a back up of win 7 in BR 2011 and it almost worked but second time it rebooted, it would just not repair.
    BR 2013 should work better as it's newer than 2011 for win 7 but not the case. BR 2011 seems to work fine for XP backups but no better than 2013 for windows 7 backups.

This maybe a dumb question, but if I was to restore a win 7 backup from XP OS, would that cause problems and stop windows 7 from working? The same the other way round?

If these issues are not fixed in 2014 version, I may have to look for another backup software. Shame as I liked paragon 2011.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.