Paragon B&R drive size question

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by cyberman45, Dec 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cyberman45

cyberman45 Registered Member

Hello... I'm new to this forum.

Have a PC running Win XP SP3 32 bit... and had no trouble creating full backups on a 1 TB Western Digital external drive with Paragon 2012 free.

For Christmas received a Hitachi (now owned by Western Digital) Touro Desk "2" TB external drive and when I try to create a full backup... it's starts the process and about 30 seconds in... I get an error message. The first few times it was "launcher.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" and once it was "backup.exe has encountered problem...)

The 2TB drive is formatted NTFS but it comes "bare metal" don't know whether that's a problem.

As a test I was able to do a simple "copy files" operation from my C drive to the Touro in Win explorer no problem.

Is there a problem with Paragon B&R recognizing an external drive larger than 1 TB

I did some trouble shooting and made sure hot processing and shadow copy service are active but still no go.

Sorry so long... thanks in advance for any advice!!

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Are you doing the backup within Windows or are your booting up the Paragon rescue CD/USB thumbdrive to make the image? If you haven't, you could try the one you haven't tried.

The documentation indicates the free program supports 2TB+ and I assume that applies to backup media not just the media being imaged.

What about using Windows Disk Management to partition you Hitachi to a couple of 1TB partitions and seeing if it makes a difference. Of course, you have to get any files you want to keep off the Hitachi to do that.

Formatting the bare-metal drive as NTFS is not a problem and is the preferred format.

3. crypto1701

crypto1701 Registered Member

I back up to a 4TB share on a Win2003 box.. 2x2TB software RAID GPT.

4. Paragon_Matt

Paragon_Matt Paragon Moderator

Please attempt to perform a clean install of the free software, to do this simply uninstall the free version go into program files, remove the version of the Paragon software by deleting the folder and its contents, then re download and attempt installation again, and see if you still receive the same error.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.