Paragon Alignment Tool recovery CD says not valid for server OS

Discussion in 'Other Paragon Disk Utilities' started by paule123, Aug 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paule123

paule123 Registered Member

Just purchased Paragon Partition Manager 11 Server Edition, and used the link inside my order confirmation to download the PAT 2.0 Recovery CD. Booted off the CD on a Windows 2003 Server box, and PAT says it won't work on servers. What's the deal? I looked around in Partition Manager 11 Server recovery CD for an option to align, and could not find any such option.

Confused since this is clearly listed on the web site as a benefit of upgrading to version 11.

http://www.paragon-software.com/business/pm-server/

"Partition alignment to boost performance of storages" (sic)

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

3. fkfk

fkfk Registered Member

I have a similar question: The recovery CD stops with the same msg. I have 3 boot partitions on a PC for testing purposes: W7-32bit, W7-64bit, W2008r2.

Regards, Freddy
    I'm using (W7-64bit, Paragon HDM 2010 pro)

4. fkfk

fkfk Registered Member

Just a small addition:

Meanwhile I tried the Windows version of PAT v2, and wondered that the latest version of Paragon Harddisk Manager 2010 pro (october 2010) obviously creates itself such oddly aligned partitions, at least on a USB key...

5. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

HDM Pro doesn't have auto-alignment. The new HDM 11 Suite has. Pro version should be also updated soon.

What do you mean by oddly aligned partitions?

6. fkfk

fkfk Registered Member

Thank's Mech_An for the announcement.

Regarding "oddly aligned partition": Sorry my limited english. I called partitions as "odd" which have a suboptimal start position relative to the physical disk properties, as described in the PAT doc. But I didn't read all the details.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.