Paragon Alignment Tool on a hdd?

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by daemondamian, Nov 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daemondamian

daemondamian Registered Member

Hello,
    I would like to know if the Paragon Alignment Tool will work on a HDD with two partitions on it? I want to then clone the HDD and then restore it to a SDD so that is why I need a partition.

Or would I better off restoring the image to the SDD and then using the Paragon Alignment Tool on the SDD- and can that be done in Win XP without losing everything?
    Damian.

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Alignment could be performed on any hard drive: simple HDD or SSD.

I think, it's better to align restored partitions, because after restore alignment will be missing anyway.

3. daemondamian

daemondamian Registered Member

Thanks for your response Mech_An :) . You wouldn't happen to know if it's necessary to have a partition on a SSD? I'm going to use the SSD for windows and other programs and a 2TB HDD for data storage (pics, music etc) so I don't see the need for a partition but pages like this make me wonder if I need to have a partition.

4. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.