paragon alignment tool and SCSI drive

Discussion in 'Other Paragon Disk Utilities' started by vonderkinde, Dec 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vonderkinde

vonderkinde Registered Member

greetings all

I have used the align tool on 5 of 6 sata drives in win XP 32-bit with great success. The sixth drive (boot drive) was a problem, and rendered my system unbootable. Was planning a re-install anyway so no biggie.

I believe the problem revolves around the fact that my motherboard does not have built-in support for IDE, and needs a driver (press F6 during install, etc.). The driver is required for PATA and SATA drives. Without the driver, the drive only works in a DOS environment.

I can access the drive and its files with the windows boot CD (using F6 and the Repair comand prompt), I just can't boot to XP. Ultimately, I had to let windows repartition and reinstall to get the drive to boot again.

I'd like to attempt the alignment again, but what is required for this situation? An update of the SCSI driver?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.