Paragon Adaptive Restore

Discussion in 'Other Paragon Disk Utilities' started by Adric, May 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adric

Adric Registered Member

After reading http://blog.paragon-software.com/?p=237 I'm a bit confused by the following quote:

"Paragon Adaptive Technology can be found in a new version of Paragon Drive Backup solution. However many early versions of Adaptive Restore are in such products as Paragon Virtualization Manager 2010, Paragon Drive Backup 10, Paragon Drive Copy 10, Hard Disk Manager 2010 etc as the P2P Adjust Wizard in the windows installed program or inside a bootable recovery environment (WinPE)."

What does "in a new version of Paragon Drive Backup" mean?

I just recently won a license for Drive Backup 10 Pro (not yet installed). Does it have the new Adaptive Restore or the old?

Al

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

V10 is in DB10. It supports win7 and allows adding third-party drivers.

Last edited: May 7, 2010
  3. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Adric,

All this means that separate Adaptive Restore product of Paragon is newer than built-in version. But is doesn't mean that P2P is buggy or unworkable.

Individual Adaptive Restore (http://www.paragon-software.com/business/adaptiverestore/) was updated and now it differs a bit from built-in P2P Adjust OS.
    Please be sure that P2P Adjust OS from your Drive Backup 10 Pro is fully workable.

4. Adric

Adric Registered Member

Forgetting about DB10 Pro, it looks like I have a different Adaptive Restore than what is being described from your link. I previously made
    a post at https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=266016 about AS which I got as a goody after buying HDM 2009 + Upgrade to HDM 2010. It has P2P and P2V. Probably parts ripped out from Virtualization Manager 2010.

I was assuming the AS in DB10 Pro also had P2V, but I see it doesn't after installing it. I'm more interested in the latest P2V at the moment because I am having problems getting a vmdk created by P2V to boot from VirtualBox.

edit:
    BTW I see the following for p2padjust.exe in three different products:
    System Upgrade Utilities 2010 (version 10.0.10.10173)
    Adaptive Restore that I got as a goody (version 10.0.10.10470)
    DB10 Pro (version 10.0.10.10505)

Al (that's marketing for you) Adric

Last edited: May 12, 2010
  5. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

6. Adric

Adric Registered Member

I thought I said DB10 Pro did not have P2V. I know HDM PRO has P2V and so does System Upgrade Utilities 2010 and Virtualization Manager 2009/2010. I'm not about to spend more money for HDM Pro just to find out that it has a similar version of P2V as what I already have with the Adaptive Restore that was included in Paragon's special Suite offer that I took advantage of. I'm not exactly pleased by these kind of marketing tactics and yes .. I've already looked at the comparison chart.. no thanks.

Al

Last edited: May 12, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.