Paragon 9-can see driveletter in Disk Management, but not computer

Discussion in 'HFS for Windows' started by thomas80, Oct 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thomas80

thomas80 Registered Member

Hi.

We have purchased HFS+ for Windows v. 9, and installed on a Windows 64-bit SP1 OS.
    When connected a HFS formatted USB drive, the drive does not show under "Computer" on the machine.
    I checked Disk Management, and I can see that the 300GB USB drive is detected, and shows 2 partitions, 1 of which has gotten a drive letter (I:) and is the partition we need to access.
    If I right-click and select Explore, I can see the contents of the drive.
    If I use Windows Explorer, or from the "Start"-button type I: to access the drive, an error message says that the drive does not exist.

The user on this machine has normal user privileges, not administrator-access, since it is in a domain environment. Could this be the issue?
    The software was installed with an administrator-user.

The user is complaining and wants us to buy a 2000$ macbook, so any help is much appreciated.:doubt:

2. Paragon_Matt

Paragon_Matt Paragon Moderator

The only time I have seen this occur was when an OS had malware/spyware on the system, have you attempted to change the drive letter within computer Management? If not, does the drive populate in the Windows explorer? Also is it possibly using the same drive as another partition?

3. thomas80

Thanks for your reply Matt.

The OS is clean, I have scanned for malware and virus just to be sure.
    I tried to change the drive-letter in Disk Management, it changes successfully, but still does not show under "Computer"/Explorer.
    The drive letter is not used by any other device.

So the external disk formatted for Mac, shows under Disk Management, with a drive letter (as it would under normal circumstances), but does not show in Explorer/"Computer".
    Is there any bugs regarding installing the software with/without UAC, Run as admin-command etc?

Thanks again. Still trying to fight of the Mac-purchase:cautious:

4. Paragon_Matt

Paragon_Matt Paragon Moderator

I would recommend installing the software on another computer and see if it results in the same issue. Please let me know.

5. scifi535

scifi535 Registered Member

Hi,

I'm having the same problem. I've also tried opening it from the HFS+ program's Computer Management section and I can see the hard drive but when I try to copy files to it, it tells me:

"The destination does not support long file names. Please enter a name for this file."

I cannot try installing this on another computer because the files that I am trying to copy are on a internal hard drive and I don't have another PC to put it into.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thank you!
    AC

6. thomas80

Suggestions are much appreciated, we still have issues with the HFS+ software.
    For now we are using a firewire HDD partitioned with FAT32 to be readable from Mac and Windows, but this is not a good long-term solution.

We tried on another Windows 7 x64 SP1 machine, exactly the same problem here.
    Does the software not work on 64-bit OS?

o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.