PandaTitanium 2004 vs Panda Platinium 7.0

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by ncs_malaysia, May 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ncs_malaysia

ncs_malaysia Guest

Hi, I wonder what is the different between these tow products from PandaSoftware in terms of AntiVirus Engine, features, and Memory/CPU resources usage o_O
    (not to mention of Panda Titanium "Install and Forget" configuration)
    Thanks!!!

2. Stephan123

Stephan123 Registered Member

Panda Titanium can get more virusses on archives but it is not good for email checking.He fails at it.And it have a little bit features and you have nearly no configuration

3. tazdevl

tazdevl Registered Member

Ti 2K4 is a newer product, better engine and does a better overall job than Platinum. Does fine with email (don't know where the previous poster got that from) as well as your typical sources of baddies.

Memory footprint isn't huge. I ended up returning it. It doesn't get along well with Outlook 2K3 and caused some web pages not to load correctly.

Tried to get things fixed but support was horrible, took a week to get a response. Their explanation was that there were viruses out there. LOL. Which of course made me scratch my head and ask... when aren't there viruses running around and given the fact that you're an AV company, shouldn't you have the operational resources in place to handle outbreaks? The response was silence.

Some other alternatives for you to look at... Kaspersky 5.0, eXtendia AVKPro 2004, NOD32 (be sure to use it in conjunction with a Anti-Trojan app like TDS-3/BoClean), F-Secure (resource/RAM heavy).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.