Panda URL filtering of malware

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Antimalware18, Feb 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Antimalware18

Antimalware18 Registered Member

I Still havent went back to Panda URL Filter because of no word yet if the problem between comodo and panda causing the late start has been fixed, as soon as a word comes out I'll be happy to give it another try :)

2. @Dbone, Bofdithree & Cloud

With no Panda AV or URL filter installed I am getting mixed results :D Besided both being slow (Panda and a Chameleon), they share the red visual styling

EDIT [mixed results] Panda testpage says I have it installed, while the Chameleon says I have not, last one is correct, see bold text

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2013
  3. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

URL Filter uses a blacklist of known malicious domains.

What do you mean by mixed results? A bug in the test page, or..? Please describe. As for the visual styling, the addons are both the same thing. "Chameleon" may provide the toolbar and etc., but Panda powers the anti-phishing database. When they say on the website "Powered by Panda Security"; they aren't lying. ;)

Hope this helps. Cheers!

4. qakbot

qakbot Registered Member

Panda has been very quiet for some time now. Whats up o_O

5. Antimalware18

Antimalware18 Registered Member

I have noticed that almost no AV company anymore seems to care about conflics. especially with Comodo. Theres a conflict with both Bitdefender AND Panda and it was reported months ago and neither one have been resolved. Really is quite annoying.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.