PANDA URL FILTER & WSA

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by gdiloren, Nov 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gdiloren

gdiloren Registered Member

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Could you try disabling the Web Threat Shield (under PC Security - Shields) and see if that corrects the issue?

Thank you!

3. TechElder

TechElder Registered Member

FWIW, Prevx 3 w/SOL tags the Panda URL Filter as a low level threat and wants to eliminate it.

4. gdiloren

gdiloren Registered Member

FP. SafeOnline (prevX) and Identy and Privacy Module in WSA are both incompatible with the Panda URL filter, as well as Rapport Trusteer and any software that control browser process. I found that by switching SafeOnline OFF in PrevX it worked but I just had to uninstall WSA to make it work. Would it be possible to make WSA Essential compatible with the Panda URL filter, I like this feature(as another layer of protection!).;)

5. Techfox1976

Techfox1976 Registered Member

Technically it's not that WSA is incompatible with Panda or Trusteer. It's actually that they are incompatible with WSA. WSA does its modifications and checking first and this is successful. The third party programs are not able to handle the modified data stream or the fact that it was checked first.

The only way to make it "Compatible" is for them to fix their stuff, or for WSA to silently do absolutely nothing when it detects them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.