Panda Titanium

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by kloshar, Feb 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kentish

Kentish Registered Member

My experience of Panda Titainium after using it for 3 years is that it is nowhere near as good as it was.

I decided to trial some possible replacements this year when my license renewal arrived, and found Panda to be lacking in its finding of virus, of which my pc was infected with. Both Avast home edition and Nod32 found them, Panda did not. (F-Secure just crashed my machine at stut up, so that was safe mode and unistalled without any further testing).

Up till now, I have been very pleased with Panda Titainium, but after this test session it has been replaced by Nod which I feel is better, quicker and very much lighter on resources.

One thing that always caused me aggro with Panda is license renewal time. What ever you do, dont renew your license until the day it runs out. The reason?.....they start your fresh year from the day you pay not the day your license runs out. This means that if like me you decide to renew early (not forgetting that they start to send out e-mail reminders up to 2 months in advance) then you could end loseing your remaining time of the current license. I did resolve the matter twice with Panda, but it never impressed me that I had to do the chasing and getting the full years worth.

2. Mannaggia

Mannaggia Registered Member

I don't know why Port 1025 was open when I tried Panda's firewall. I'm glad it's work for you Chuck57. Maybe I'll give it another try one of these days.

said by Kentish

Isn't it also true that Panda charges you the full price of the AV at renewal time? If I'm correct, that would be around $60 for Platinum 7. That would make for a tuff dicission at renewal time.

3. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

Good and correct point of view! :)

Ciao,

Smokey

4. c0ltran3

c0ltran3 Registered Member

I used the link suggested by StarFox. I found a form without username and password. Then I downloaded a file callled platinum7-365 and I installed the program. Did you find a file with the same name? Did you find a username and a password?

5. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

Coltran Re:panda Titanium

The form I filled out required me to give my email address. I was emailed the username and password within a minute after submitting the form. I put the username and password into Platinum and it unlocked the update feature.

6. Firefighter

Firefighter Registered Member

To everyone from Firefighter!

I have just installed Panda Platinum to my PC and I can't find the firewall version anywhere, only that there is a mention "Firewall Technology (c) 2002 Sygate Technologies Inc.", is that really so old version from Sygate PFW?

If the firewall is newer that I wrote, in my mind this is really the best FREE offer to find because there is no other AV that is capable to delete ALL possible infections from your PC and a real TOP PFW is a big plus in this offer!

I'm still using my DrWeb as primary scanner because of better ITW results and overall detecting rates. I have excluded Panda program folder in my DrWeb, because it is detecting some Panda files as infected, but it doesn't matter. The Panda (Sygate) Firewall I have also disabled, because I am using my Outpost Pro 2.0, that I think is the top available just now.

"The truth is out there, but it hurts!"

Best regards,
    Firefighter!

7. kloshar

kloshar Registered Member

Chuck57:

did you write your real information? I wrote wrong informations and I didn't get password.

8. Firefighter

Firefighter Registered Member

To kloshar from Firefighter!

I chanced my name but the other stuff were allright!

I have to answer to an other question after my first feedback that I have got from Panda. After that everything was OK although I live in the middle of NOWHERE!

Best regards,
    Firefighter!

9. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

To Firefighter from Smokey!

Dear Firefighter,

I have to guess what the translation is, I have four options:

1. Good evening, I'm very hungry but have no money to buy a decent meal, can you spend a poor guy some euro's?
    2. My dear fellow Wilders-Members, I think I'm handsome like Tom Cruise, what do you think?
    3. My wife is always screaming but I stop her with four simple wors: p*ss off you b*tch!

4. The first three options are not correct, the answer is..............

Ciao,

Smokey

10. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

kloshar Re:panda Titanium

I put real information in the boxes. My wife has a graphics business and I take care of keeping the software updated and keeping her two PC's working. It's a legitimate business. I'm not an IT tech, but I feel safe in calling myself some kind of tech.

I thought that, if anything, my email address would have stopped me, since I use yahoo. It didn't and I the useranme and all barely a minute after submitting the form.

11. Mannaggia

Just a little update about Panda Platinum's firewall. I installed it again and all port tests are now showing stealth. :D Don't know why it didn't pass the stealth tests before, but very happy it is now. :D

12. Mannaggia

I clicked on Properties in the DataMan.dll file in the Firewall folder, and it shows File Version 5.0.0.0. Not sure if that is what you were looking for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.