Panda protection service.

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Brocke, May 27, 2016.

1. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

2. VecchioScarpone

VecchioScarpone Registered Member

Since moving to Windows 10 I had to drop Bitdefender Free AV (not supporting W 10) and I went with Panda Free AV.
    It has been almost one year now and I (my son computer too) have not complaints whatsoever. :thumb:
    Bear in mind that I prefer simple AV solutions, hence Bitdefender was my pevious choice.
    Someone in need of more customization control may find it restrictive.

It rate quite high on tech support websites.

VS
    http://forums.mydigitallife.info/vb4_style/smilies/scooter.gif

Last edited: May 27, 2016
  3. entropism

entropism Registered Member

Do you really want to pay $72/year for antivirus? I sure as hell don't. Especially when they have a free solution that does everything you need. Panda's not my first choice in AV, but I've heard good things about their free solution.

Looking at their solutions aside from the free version, the only thing I could POSSIBLY see of interest is the parental controls. And even that, you have options from other companies.

4. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

I agree, although to be fair they also have a yearly subscription for $30.79 which is reasonable and they have had excellent results in detection tests...

5. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

True but some people can budget better on a monthly subscription.

But you all have great points

6. entropism

Monthly, yearly, you're still not getting anything useful over the free solution. But hey, that's my opinion. Me personally? I have a lifetime MBAM purchase for $12, and I get Webroot for $5/3 PCs every year. Best solution I've ever used, and it's so light it makes Avira look heavy.

7. guest

guest Guest

Where and when do you get Webroot so cheap?

8. entropism

Newegg has it on sale constantly. Check the Newegg discount thread on here, it's usually on the first page of this subforum, and updated almost daily.

Jan 26th, Feb 25th, March 29th, April 26th, and May 9th it was $9.99 for 3 computers.

Feb 11th it was $7.99.

I think I got mine about 6 months ago? Ended up buying two separate 3 computer licenses for $6 each, because they don't start the countdown until you plug in the key for the first time.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.