Panda products

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by trjam, Apr 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Is it just me, or do others see that the Panda line of products are indeed improving.

2. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

yep
    They are doing some good things lately. Am testing the newest security suites and detection rate is becoming better and it's becoming much faster

3. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

yup.i have tested their new betas recently and must say they are really working hard to improve it.

4. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

i said that a while back trjam when i was using the panda av 2007 on vista.

:D i do like panda, but then again ... i usually get attracted to the unpopular ones. :rolleyes:

5. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Yes, they are improving in their performance, speed, features, and very soon, their detection rates as well. I suspect Panda may become a very popular product in the future.

BTW....I've heard that a free license is granted to those who send them 1000 undetected samples. This shows that Panda is interested in improving its detection rates. :)

6. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

I've been running Panda AV 2007 on my other box for a couple months now and it's been running smooth and light. Much more so than the old Panda Platinum I had 3 years ago...:)

7. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

I'm glad to hear positive comments about Panda... I bought their security suite on eBay for $17 USD last week (shipped) and it covers 3 PCs. :eek: :D

8. Firecat

Currently Panda would still only get a "Standard" rating on AV-comparatives (assumption), but by the end of April, Panda will launch an engine update for all its 2007 products which should bring good improvements to their detection rates. :)

9. Arin

Arin Registered Member

I used Panda IS 2007 and yeah just like NAV 2007, it was a pleasant change. It still has a stupid spelling mistake (pishing or something like that) on the statistics page but Panda informed me that it'll be fixed on the next master file update.

What I don't like is their way of marketing their products. I've already posted a thread where they claimed 100% detection rate with guaranty. Its dishonesty and not honourable. They should focus on improving the product and according to Kaspersky's estimate their turnover is something for which they shouldn't rely on false claims.

@Firecat

Is that engine update official news?

10. Firecat

AMRX, the news about the new engine (called the MegaDetection engine) was posted in a blog entry which had some FAQs about a new beta version of Panda's NanoScan. You can see the page here:

http://blogs.pandasoftware.com/blogs/nanoscan/pages/FAQS_2D00_ing.aspx?esp

11. trjam

trjam Registered Member

well I am now signed up for their beta program for the AV and Firewall. Still has tru-prevent. Will see how it goes. Evidently the betas have the new engine detection capibility due out towards the end of the month.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.