Panda Platinum v.7.03.00

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by EdBB, Dec 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EdBB

EdBB Registered Member

Merry Christmas ;)

Santa has brought me ( a bit early ) a copy of Panda Platinum v.7.03.00 to replace my tattered copy of v.6.25.

It looks good so far.

I note with interest that V7 has a built-in firewall - not yet enabled. Does anyone have any info on "gotcha's !" concerning this firewall and the DCS trio ( TDS-3, WG, and PE ) currently installed ?

Am I likely to be even safer if I do enable it and configure it properly ? Any suggestions re configuration ?

I guess that I know how I'll be spending some of my "quiet time" - browsing Help files.

TIA,

Ed :D

2. root

root Registered Member

It has been my experience that Firewalls boxed with AVs are usually a chopped down version of some fully featured firewall like Sygate or whatever.
    I have no idea what is with Panda, but if it is not a full feature firewall, I would not recommend it.
    I do not want any of my security protection to be a lite version of anything. The one exception might be a backup scanner for my primary AV.
    Someone else here may be familiar with Panda 7 and be able to give you a better answer.
    Hope you enjoy your new present. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.