Panda Platinum 2006 Firewall conflcts with Linksys Router

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by big_head_darren, Nov 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. big_head_darren

big_head_darren Registered Member

I am using Panda Platinum 2006 Internet Security and recently I just installed a router- Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router WRT54G. My computer is connected to the router through Linksys Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter WUSB54GC-AS. However when my panda firewall is enabled connection could not be established. When the firewall is disabled, connection could be established.

Is there any way I could configure the firewall to allow connection to be established with the router. The guys from Linksys say that it is okay not to have a software firewall as the router itself is already a firewall in hardware version. Is it true?

Please help me as I find it rather unsafe to go on the internet with my firewall off.

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

if u have a router (with firewall) u dont need a personal firewall, but u may choose to keep one for outbound protection.

3. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

Yeah, behind a NAT/SPI router packet filtering becomes less relevant
    Outbond protection is the key

4. cprtech

cprtech Registered Member

Check the Panda logs, if enabled. Open a command line and try "ipconfig /all". Look for a legit ip address for your machine (192.168.1.XX for Linksys, I believe). Can you ping the router's default gateway (probably 192.168.1.1)? Panda could be blocking DHCP attempts to your machine. Hopefully the logs tell the story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.