Panda online scanner shuts down at a certain point

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Rilla927, Apr 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

Can anyone offer a logical explanation why Panda would shut down during a scan? The one time the progress bar turned red and it said one infected file then it shut down. I'm not sure if you can run Panda in safe mode.

I encountered a nasty site but I had run safer on with Online Armor so I don't know if it actually installed or not. I'm assuming so because of the behavior since.

I have ran SAS, Kaspersky, Malwarebytes' Antimalware, Bitdefender, Eset and a HijackThis, Combo Fix, Sophos Antirootkit and nothing found. I'm out of ideas at this point.

2. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

The little bear strikes again :D

Have you access to the scan log? This could give an idea for such behavior. See where the scan is getting hung up at (path/filename)...

3. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

I got that same experience with Symantec AV scans the past week. It abruptly terminates and there is no log report of any kind. The previous laptop with the same AV always generated a report and would scan for over an hour (over 1 million files scanned). o_O

4. ShyGuy

ShyGuy Registered Member

Yes, please put here the path AV was analyzing when shut down.
    Or be quick and press print screen key :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.