Panda moves to Instant-Support (or near instant)

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Brice, Jun 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brice

Brice Guest

(got this mail today)

I would like to take a moment to introduce myself and bring you up to date on some exciting changes going on at Panda USA. Many of you know me from my position as Vice President for Sales for Panda USA. For the past 15 years, I have been working in the software industry, i.e. delivering products that help and improve personal and corporate productivity. I am personally devoted to this industry, as I truly like helping businesses prosper.

This past February, I was appointed General Manager and entrusted with the mission to expand our market presence and bring our technical support to a point well beyond industry standards. Let me take a few moments to tell you how we are going about accomplishing this mission.

Our goal is for tech support to be as close to instant as possible. With that in mind, we are ushering in the New Era of Panda Software Technical Support. In the past 30 days, we have streamlined the entire support process, more than doubled the size of our tech support and customer service crew. Additionally, a special training program was delivered by Panda Software International Support Engineers who trained our crew on site.

The benefits of this should be immediately apparent in your communications with Panda USA. Please let me know if you run into any problems. I have established a special Panda General Manager hotline gm@pandasecurity.com for you to reach me with any important issues.

Panda's objective is for you to be a happy customer using our solutions to protect your network and computers. We want you to know that you can rely on us to do this job.

Warm Regards,

Sarita Stachelrodt
    General Manager
    Panda US
    gm@pandasecurity.com

2. tazdevl

tazdevl Registered Member

Not a bad move since their support truly sucked.

3. Stephan123

Stephan123 Registered Member

and a question.How quick is Panda answering on technical questions

4. tazdevl

One week for one question, 10 days for another and they still haven't addressed the issue with Outlook 2K3 and some web pages not loading correctly. So 3.5 weeks now.

Their excuse was that there are a lot of viruses out there. :rolleyes:

5. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Haha if you want instant support in the meaning of word,then you should use avast! :p Experienced users on that forum provide help in matter of seconds! I haven't seens anything like that anywhere :p Now even i help to make these seconds even shorter ;)

6. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

RejZor,

VLK will be pleased you enjou their support. In the meanwhile: please stay on topic. This thread is about Panda Support - only.

regards.

paul

7. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Sorry,i forgot to mention that all companies should be that quick,including Panda. But its nice to see things are moving in other companies too,especially free support. The most stupid thing is that if you have some problem with software and you are limited only to FAQ and web question. And then if its not covered by these two you use mail support which takes weeks to reply. I wonder why all companies don't have forums,so users could help eachother,instead of waiting for that support mail...

8. tazdevl

Forums are fairly costly to maintain. User administered forums still take some effort and there are risks associated with it if company representatives aren't involved.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2004
  9. diesel

diesel Registered Member

why would you come on here as a "guest" using the name brice when your name is sarita? is this for real Paul?

if it is for real, actions speak louder than words, not to seem skeptical but you've gotta back up your words, so i'll wait a while and see what the feedback is on your new "instant support" model and whether or not your company can sustain it

if so, hope all companies take your lead

10. Brice

Brice Guest

Probably because if you read the first line of my post, you would see that "I got this mail today".. Which would indicate Panda sent out that email to all of its customers/former customers as a form letter.

See any black helicopters lately? Sheesh.

11. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I received that e-mail at my shop also.

12. diesel

diesel Registered Member

brice, my bad, i must have missed that first line, when i read the post, i thought it was da "man" himself posting and not a customer

13. bob_man_uk

bob_man_uk Registered Member

just like to say a quick word about panda support (im from accross the pond so it might be different (UK)) I got in touch with panda AV about trial software because our license was due to expire, and strait away I was offered a CD with all the tools necessary for our company, as well as blistering support compared to mcafee (enterprisecure compared to Epolicy orchestrator) mcafee response times were well into a month panda, more or less 1/2 - 1 days wait, and from that, and the fact panda is much easier to use than mcafee, we switched (and it was much cheaper) but keeping to the topic of support panda uk it quite fast.

14. tazdevl

Two words the clearly let you know why you had decent support. Enterprise/business customers are the holy grail of AV companies. Symantec is in hot water with the markets because despite the fact that they have had great revenues, they haven't gained much marketshare in the Enterprise/Business market. You will always get better support.

Panda is HQ is in Spain. Based on geographic distance alone, operationally and logisitcally makes sense that you would have better support. Offices in the US are fairly new and I think operations are understaffed.

I'm glad you had a positive experience with them.

15. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Yo, everyone, I am in the market for a new anti-virus TODAY. Support aside, how is Panda as an anti-virus? _IF_ it is possible to do so, how does it compare to two others I am considering: Mcafee and KAV? Thank you.

EDIT: Since I want to keep this, well, at least a little bit on topic, let's not bring too much into this other than comparing a product to Panda, thanks.

Acadia

16. bob_man_uk

bob_man_uk Registered Member

trie them out acadia panda do a free product mcafee on the other hand only do trials. (30 days or so) I find panda Extremely useful not only at work but at home too. (no i havent nicked software from work, i have purchased a single home user license)

Last edited: Jun 7, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.