Panda Launches 2007 Line Of Products

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Legendkiller, Aug 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Wilders encourages discussion of varied antivirus products among members on the forums.
    However, I would recommend to any vendor to first contact an administrator or owner of this forum before offering support for a product here.

2. woobook

woobook Registered Member

The one year update I mean the daily update, not upgrade.
    I can not find any difference between renewal and "buy a new one" in Panda upgrade. As a Panda client, I cannot have a little preference compare with a new client.

Many security softwares give free upgrade privilege to their clients. If I am a client of them, I can not forget their kindnesses. It is a kind of happy because it gives me a feeling that I am in a family. It is a more important thing in our life.

I am a Panda fan. Maybe two weeks ago I sent a comment about Panda Marketing Strategy to local agent, maybe they didn't receive it. Now I like post it here. If any vendors who decide to adopt my comment. I shall be very happy with getting two years free license for using their software.:D :D

My comment as following:

I learned that there are many security softwares today, and many people like to try and change their softwares almost every week. I know every product has its time limit, one year or two years. So I think whether Panda could offer a "dormant service". For example:

A client bought a Panda license which can carry out updates from Jan 1, 2006 to Jan 1, 2007. In July 2006, he wants to try other products two months, then he must stop use Panda and uninstall it. Meanwhile he will lose two months service from Panda.
    If he can have a choice to suspend Panda service two months, after he finish others products trial, he can return Panda and use Panda until March 1, 2007. I think many people like such service. Panda Platinum is $80. If Panda offer "dormant service", Maybe there is more people like to choose it even Panda raise the price to $85.

woobook

Last edited: Aug 24, 2006
  3. woobook

woobook Registered Member

Now I think maybe it is a ludicrous comment. If somebody use "dormant service" everyday before he shutdown his computer, maybe he can use the one year license for ten years.
    So the "dormant service" can be used no more than two times in a year.

4. bigmacnc

bigmacnc Registered Member

I received a request from Panda today wanting me to complete a survey since I have been using Platinum Security Suite for 11 months. I completed the request and not sure it went through because got a site not found page. I purchased a 2007 update from an email or what I call an extenison of time. I finally had to request a refund because product would not install and prior version would not uninstall. The information below is summary of my answers with exception of the check boxes.

Reason for Dissatisfaction:

I like the way Panda Platinum works with the exception of failure to install renewal, I finally had to request a refund. I purchased several copies of the OEM version and put them on several computers that I built. Now I have people contacting me about renewing. I am telling them to use Free AV until I find a suitable product to replace it with or the OEM 2007 Panda Platinum is released. I am currently testing several other products from Vcom, Trend Micro, and others. I would have rated your product excellent if I did not get pressure to renew almost immediately after installation. I wanted to get my whole year then when I decided to renew, I received Titanium a down grade and not as described that it could be used on 3 computers there was license for 1. I have several computers to use to test and a laptop and would like the same protection on the 3 that I use regularly. I will keep Vcom on one for sure.

Suggestions:

Quit requesting renewal as soon as installed. When an offer is made make sure it is for the right product, description of offer is correct, and any special installation needs are stated in the offer.

Reason not Renewing.

Failure to install renewal, Offer not as stated, It would take a good offer and easy to install product for me to renew.

Too bad I liked the product. I have used several products in past and was a beta tester for one of the large companies.

Mack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.