Panda internet security £9 5 years

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by webbit, Jan 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. webbit

webbit Registered Member

i have just got this from groupon in the UK for £9 for 5 years !!!!! i know it used to be a bit of a pain to remove, but i run a trial and it was light on resources, and its latest results at av comparatives were great, even if i only use it for a couple of years.

http://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/special/gg-panda-2015/32870415

2. donaldkks

donaldkks Registered Member

wow...can it be use on international (like outside US/ UK)?

3. webbit

webbit Registered Member

not sure mate

4. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Wow insane offer. Looks good!
    Does it works outside UK? :rolleyes:

5. donaldkks

donaldkks Registered Member

LOL didn't I asked that question before? :doubt:

6. DoctorPC

DoctorPC Banned

Especially since Panda is one of the companies that said they would never, ever, whitelist state sponsored malware.

I had issues with Panda when I tried it last week.. Slowdowns, slow boots, and some uninstall issues. Sadly.. I'd love to run it, if it behaved!

7. chabbo

chabbo Registered Member

5758 Bought it so it cant be only US/UK

8. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

just dont know if i can bring myself to install it again on a main system. i keep trying to like it and just dont.

9. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Yep you did. :D
    Its all about rehashing. HAHAHAHA

10. webbit

webbit Registered Member

mmm well it is a bargain, but it is said that it slows boot up and it does seem to, but i have a laptop full of bloatware at the mo, i plan a clean install soon so will post when i have done

11. m0unds

m0unds Guest

i used panda for a number of years - i stopped because there are some quality issues, and it seems their devs only worry about fixing critical bugs, and not necessarily other ones.

couple of examples that come to mind:
    there are sloppy localization issues i've reported during betas in the last 4 versions of the product (2011, 2012, 2013 and now 2014). those are still unfixed.

they have very little process protection for any core av services or processes. this means you can easily defeat product startup using the services snap-in (services.msc) or you can even easily kill protection services via elevated taskmgr. personally, i think that's a bit ridiculous.

also, in recent versions, they disable truprevent by default. i'm not sure if that's for performance reasons, but it was always a pretty important part of behavioral detection.

12. dansorin

dansorin Registered Member

i tried the IS 2013 version and it was indeed heavy: slow boot and delayed program execution. don't know about 2014 but i can't imagine it changed to the better.
    i'm surprised to see the truprevent is disabled by default, since this technology was heavily advertised over the years.
    that said, the best Panda security program is the Cloud Antivirus. and it's also free.

13. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

I got (5) licenses as an investment.

Think of it as an Investment into their future versions/technologies. You never know, Panda could have a Webroot like turn around, and Panda is already a pretty good program as it stands.

14. m0unds

m0unds Guest

panda was one of the first to hop on the "cloud" (name) bandwagon, back in 2010 - regarding performance, you need to let the product fingerprint files on the system (cache building) to ensure you don't have as much of a performance hit. typically, a single full scan is enough to do it, but sometimes, it can take a couple days before it settles to the point that you don't really notice it. that was my experience with it at any rate.

15. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

I would agree however on my own research 2014 version does not use fingerprinting technology, but the 2013 version did. I'm not sure why the change, but that's what I read. I am testing it out and not noticing much of a performance hit. Around the same as G-DATA 2014, maybe a little less.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.