Panda Internet Security 2011

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by EternalFunction, Apr 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EternalFunction

EternalFunction Registered Member

I've used the search function, but mostly relates to panda cloud..so..

Anyway, my friend's avira premium just expired just few days ago and he went to trial on Panda Internet Security 2011 and mentioned he's having problem with the suite, like
    - system became not so responsive, slightly delays on startup
    - having problem on surfing the web, like when using google chrome the browser will becomes not responsive, and have to wait for few while before the page can be displayed (white/blank page), and getting worse if they're many tabs open.
    - internet connectivity keeps disconnected, or not so stable

His computer specs, he got intel i5, win 7 hp 64bit, and 4gb of ram.

I thought it's only happens to him, like isolated issues, but when I tried it on my own computer, I did experienced slow down issues and worst is when trying to surf the net using firefox/chrome..both of the browsers will become not so responsive and have to wait for a while before the page will be displayed.

After uninstall the suite, my computer becomes responsive and google chrome can display the web properly without delays.

Anyone experiencing the same problem?

2. King Grub

King Grub Registered Member

I tried it quickly upon release, but the resource usage made me get rid of it pretty quick. It was quite noticable, even a high-end pc.

3. EternalFunction

yeah, sadly to see that..any possible tweaks to make it works properly? instead of hogging down the system?

4. pbust

pbust AV Expert

5. m0unds

m0unds Guest

hey, try out hotfix hfp161007s18_r1.exe as a fix for the web guard - it took a bit of back and forth with panda's support folks, but they decided that this hotfix would be the best approach and i've had much less negative impact w/the web guard since installing it.

6. EternalFunction

Thanks, I'll see if there's any changes after installing it later. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.