Panda Cloud v2.1.1

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Cloud, Feb 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

Hi again, Panda fans & friend-citizens!

Version 2.1.1 is a maintenance upgrade that includes improvements to the heuristic technologies and new anti-exploit protection, and fixes some bugs reported by the user community. The bug fixes are the following:
    • Fixed problem with “blocking of files until results are returned from the cloud – time settings”.
    • Fixed problem under certain situations when GUI console was not opened.
    • Fixed some linguistic errors.
    • Fixed problem with promotional banner under certain situations after upgrading to Panda Cloud Antivirus PRO Edition.
    • Fixed information shown (remote IP address) in firewall popups.
    PLUS! The new version comes guaranteed by the “Windows 8 Compatible” logo!

Cheers,

Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
  2. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

Using it as we speak. I ditched WSA to try this out. Very nice and light. Might be a keeper. Hopefully the detection % has gotten better with the increased Heuristics.

3. internet addict

internet addict Registered Member

Panda Cloud is great but I don't get why the upgrades don't happen on the same day they're released.

4. SnowFlakes

SnowFlakes Registered Member

didn't knew Panda is from Spain, i thought it was from usa ?

5. siketa

siketa Registered Member

6. internet addict

Now they need to work on quicker transparent upgrades.

7. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

I would like to start seeing improvements to the URL filter.

It never really worked correctly IMO

8. internet addict

Being the impatient person that I am I went ahead and reinstalled it to the newest version. What was weird though is after I restarted the computer, my wallpaper was removed. Odd.

9. ght1

ght1 Guest

There are some issues, sometimes it doesn't work at all. :doubt:

10. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

Especially in a sandboxed browser.

11. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

I really think their main focus should be on its filter, exploit protection and detection

Basically, Fix the filter, improve/strengthen the exploit protection and detection

Putting all the attention on what I listed, I think would shape Panda into an even better product than it is now.

Tons of potential here, Panda just needs to work out some of the kinks.... in my opinion

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  12. internet addict

I didn't add any of the toolbars.

13. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

I will say a lot of work seems to have been put into the Anti-Exploit guard. Last I heard it was detecting a decent chunk of new exploits for the Panda Collective Intelligence server. I have not hit any exploit sites on any of my machines lately so no real world experiance though :p

14. Antimalware18

Antimalware18 Registered Member

Im with RADEON, when I used it for a time (A period of about 2 months) the detection rates against what I tested were quite good. But then the downside caught up, The filter does not work for about 10min after startup and that is a hole to me because I do alot of browsing in 10min. If they get the filter in tiptop shape this AV can be up there with the best of the free's

15. Techwiz

Techwiz Registered Member

Update running good with no noticeable issues. No longer getting mixed results when visiting the proper URL filtering site. Keep up the good work :thumb:

16. Bodhitree

Bodhitree Registered Member

PandaCloud my 'go to' AV for most general purposes.

No complaints about it, light and fast, good detection..

17. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

Still waiting the new version here....

18. internet addict

I just went ahead and installed over it. Their transparent upgrades take too long.

19. Esse

Esse Registered Member

It sure does....:thumbd:

/E

20. aanon

aanon Registered Member

Hi all,

transparent upgrades will start next week.

21. robinb9

robinb9 Registered Member

ok I took the plunge again in my windows 8 pro desktop and installed the free version, but did not install the toolbar.
    Since I did not install the toolbar does that mean my web browser is not protected?

so far it seems to be a lot lighter than when I last installed it about 6 months ago.

Also how come the free does not have a scheduler in it? most cloud or non cloud free versions do?

I see it shuts off Windows Defender also.

I am going to watch it and see how it goes
    robin

22. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

When I last used it you had to initially install the toolbar and then uninstall it to retain web protection I believe. So unless changes have been made I'd say your browser is not protected.

23. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Yes, that's how I remember it too...

24. Sportscubs1272

Sportscubs1272 Registered Member

I think the URL filter should be part of the antivirus package and not bundled up with the toolbar. What kind of anti-malware/heuristics does Panda Cloud have these days? Is it like the old TruPrevent?

What's the advantage of enabling the Panda firewall instead of using Windows 8 built-in firewall? Can it automatic disable rogue programs or prevent them from phoning home? Does it have anti-tamper protection so the antivirus and firewall still work? :)

25. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

Do you mean this still occurs after you exclude the URL Filter from Sandboxie?

Yes, Panda Cloud does not include a scheduler in the settings. At present, you can find an option to turn the background scanning feature on in the product.

For starters, Panda Cloud shares the same scanning engine as it's lovely counterpart. TruPrevent is still alive and some of the technology was included in Panda Cloud, the behavioral engine being split into two parts: Behavioral Blocker and Behavioral Analysis. Unfortunately, TruPrevent itself was simply too heavy for the lightweight cloud program so the devs had strip it. The behavioral component relies on a collection of rules used to detect malicious actions exploiting a system. With the development of the Anti-Exploit protection and access to the Collective Intelligence (i.e. the cloud), you have no idea how more efficient Panda Cloud has become! One example is the capability of updating the behavioral technologies without the need of a product update. It allows Panda to adapt to changes in malware behavior on the spot. :cool:

It is trlu a community firewall that includes intrusion prevention and a rating system for processes that is somewhat comparable to avast! webrep. Like the windows firewall, it includes a network settings config based on trust level (i.e. public, work, and home). If you are using a public network, for example, you may get a notification (again, like windows firewall).

Fellow Panda moderator "Buddee" explains the trust levels like this:

Home zone (Trust level 100%) = Full trust to your home computers, allow incoming request like files sharing, printer sharing etc.
    Work (Trust level 80%) = Almost Like Home but with some inbound restrictions
    Public Place (0 %) = No incoming connections until defined explicitly to over ride default rules.

Yes, Panda Cloud does include self-protection but it does not make the product 100% tamper-proof.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.