Panda Cloud + SAS Disapoint...

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Rico, Sep 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hi Guys,

Awhile back I installed (resident) Panda Cloud AV + SAS, both showed no malware on full scan, fast forward to yesterday:

eset.com/onlinescan removed 'Win32Kryptix.GXV'

Panda said 'no problems' but refused to open or close, crippled by the Trojan. SAS tried to remove it, but became crippled during the removal process.

SAS portable in safe mode saw nothing.

I would have thought Panda Cloud, would protect! SAD

Rico

2. safeguy

safeguy Registered Member

Don't be sad:)

All AV programs are 'susceptible' to this - none catches them all. There are various other ways to complement an AV - from safe browsing/downloading practices to Windows hardening to using HIPS/Sandbox, etc....

If you're fully trusting your AV to 'protect' you, then you need to do some serious re-thinking. Otherwise, you'll be sad the next time another antimalware program misses another one of those nasties...

3. ExtremeGamerBR

ExtremeGamerBR Registered Member

Here the NIS2011 missed a malware also lucky that I spent the Emsisoft Emergency Kit, and he found, was my mother who got this virus.

Now she is using LUA and I put NIS 2011 with the settings in aggressive, but be aware that no security system is 100% secure, you must try to always seek the best, but never find a foolproof.

Panda Cloud is excellent, but it can happen to spend some malware.

Sorry for my English, this is not my first language. o_O

4. buddee

buddee Registered Member

basically no av offers 100% protection, every av misses some malware.

5. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hi Guys,

All comments are true, thanks; however,

1. This Trojan is not new & all major vendors should have this in there data base.

2. The Cloud is supposed to be current up-to-date, as this Trojan has been around this says Panda is not up to date, or??

3. Eset a competitor easily found & removed.

4. This known Trojan easily crippled Panda, & required removal of the AV & re-install.

So Panda IMO did a very pitiful job, & the hype about the Cloud is overblown, or there cloud!

Note: I clean machines for a very large club & routinely replaced AV's with Panda Cloud. Unless Panda squeaks up here, I'll go back to installing Avira or Avast.

Rico

6. SIR****TMG

SIR****TMG Registered Member

Most people here run layered protection

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.