Panda Cloud Free 3.0

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Windows_Security, May 8, 2014.

1. ance

ance formerly: fmon

Exactly same problem here on another computer with Win 8.1. I'm glad that I was able to remove Panda. :oops:

2. AdrianH

AdrianH Registered Member

Panda have found the problem, a new version should be available in a few days.

3. fblais

fblais Registered Member

Is it available now?

4. siketa

siketa Registered Member

Not yet.

5. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Just today I had Windows 8 BSOD and reboot due to PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA NNSHttp.sys. Is this the same problem you are referencing? I searched and found that the file belongs to Panda. Time to uninstall...

6. Yanick

Yanick Registered Member

I had exact BSOD, Windows 7 x64. Also this system had nothing else except tinywall + panda cloud av + sandboxie. Was browsing with come when i got the BSOD.

Think i'l put the panda on cooldown as well for awhile..

7. DoctorPC

DoctorPC Banned

Panda has generally had buggy software release cycles, like Kaspersky.

When I tried 2014 KAV it would spike CPU to 100% at random times (usually during gaming of course), but I always seem to have some really buggy releases and end up stop using it. Then by the time I stop, they iron them out. I don't have much tolerance for companies that play like this, and Panda is one of them. A few years ago they released a buggy new version for the year, and it detected most of my system files as threats, and quarantined them.. You can guess what happened next. I've resolved to only use/purchase from companies that don't keep repeating this cycle.

MBAM, Kaspersky, Panda have all been removed from contention due to this kind of bug/fix cycle.

8. LagerX

LagerX Registered Member

#55 and #56

Why not help Panda by providing logs to them via http://support.pandasecurity.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=64&sid=8bea5fddc13cc2b8e6df8fbf11fcabac
    It's pretty simple and helps them to solve this bug for you and others that are about to start using PCAV. If you're experienced PC user then it's fairly simple progress.

Yeah you may say "It's their program and they need to fix bugs" but that's not as simple as it seems. If you got "unique" system, it's sometimes really hard to reproduce the bug or find the cause of it. Hence, users should help software developer :) We can all contribute to free product in some way if we want.

Just my 2 cents.

9. Yanick

Yanick Registered Member

Yup, all true. I did submit panda logs but not the memory dump because for some reason windows didn't create one. And i cant seem to be able to cause the panda cloud av to BSOD again. Software and hardware love, it sometimes spark :D

10. wert33

wert33 Registered Member

Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
  11. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

12. Sir Percy

Sir Percy Registered Member

13. FleischmannTV

FleischmannTV Registered Member

He is a notorious human copy and paste bot who doesn't even read one post above him.

14. clocks

clocks Registered Member

So are the BSDs fixed with the latest version, or is this program still problematic. Setting up a new laptop for someone, and had originally planned to put this on, but maybe I will pass on it for something else.

15. AdrianH

No, I spent hours with this, ( and have sent dumps to Panda ) thought all was sorted with the latest update, but, 2 days in it crashed with BSOD non paged fault.

This happens on Win7 and 8.1. Also have found that the uninstaller is NOT working properly and leaving large parts of the install in place.

I uninstalled having had several BSOD's in 15 minutes, tried to install Bitdefender, found the firewall would not work. Removed BD, could not connect to the internet.

Had the Panda exe on the desktop, went to dump it in Recycle and managed to click/execute the installer, no problem, just wait and cancel I thought.

Panda pops up a message that install cannot run as Panda Cloud 3 is already installed on my system, do I want to repair, or uninstall?

Tried the uninstall, it failed. Chose Repair, that completed and system went BSOD. Restarted, and forced an uninstall with a 3rd party utility,now got my laptop back running Bitdefender IS 2014.

16. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Thanks for the info. I actually have used Panda Cloud 3 on about three different machines without issue, but am afraid to keep installing it until this mess is cleared up.

17. AdrianH

It is a shame, when I first installed Panda 3 I had zero issues, it is light, and does a great job. The problems started after @ day 5 with freezing, and very slow boot times.

Others have had the same problems. I cleaned all Panda entries from my laptop , installed the update ( 3.0.1 ) which they said would fix the problems, but 3 days in BSOD many times a day.

I have tested the laptop with all the M$ tools, no problems found, and using other AV's I have no issues.

I hope they find the problem soon.

18. DoctorPC

DoctorPC Banned

Agreed. I posted this very thing. It seemed 'fine' on a clean test machine.. Installed it to a main machine, and after a bit it started acting poorly, freezing, rebooting the machine, spiking CPU.. I spent a couple of hours trying to fix/tweak it, but didn't want to waste the time so I uninstalled it. That's my last experiment with Panda for a good while.. I usually check in with them every couple of years, but it's usually the same end result - disappointment.

19. AdrianH

I ran Panda 2 through its various updates and had zero issues on multiple systems. Panda 3 is a big improvement in many ways, has a good interface and all the features I need.

There is obviously a conflict with a driver on some systems, other people are running P3 without any issue. I have yet to see any AV that does not have issues at some time.

20. 031

031 Registered Member

Is there any offline installer ?

21. Pat MacKnife

Pat MacKnife Registered Member

Read post 60, that is an offline installer :)

Edit: v3.00.01
    http://acs.pandasoftware.com/cloudantivirus/v3/CloudAntivirus.exe

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2014
  22. ance

I heard that the pop ups are back again, is it true? Well done Panda ...

23. NWOAbschaum

NWOAbschaum Registered Member

Just popups. First world problems.. click it away in 1 sec, done. Whers ur problem?

24. ance

No problems at all, I use another free AV without useless pop ups. ;)

25. pbeg7

pbeg7 Registered Member

Been using Panda Free on my main PC for a little while now...no pop-ups yet.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.