Panda Cloud AV

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by ShyGuy, Apr 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

I get your point, but I myself don't experience slowdowns with it running, nor slower browsing speed or something like that.

2. progress

progress Guest

I noticed this behavior with Panda Internet Security a few months ago :rolleyes:

3. ShyGuy

ShyGuy Registered Member

Hi mate,
    qc.csi has been detected as suspicius or has been detected as malware?
    If is detected as suspicius the file is on the "trash zone", try flipping the screen with a click the left down corner.
    If is detected as malware, you might contact Panda to avoid that FP.
    Btw all malware detected by AVs is deleted, i don't know any AV that quarantines malware, only suspicius files.
    Thinking on it.... :shifty: will be nice an AV that not delete malware, only encrypt it with the possibility of reverse decrypt if the user wants.

4. raven211

Things that P-CAV considers suspicious, but not known malware is only blocked - not removed or quarantined, so the file should be safe if it operates correctly.

5. progress

progress Guest

I can't believe this :blink:

@raven211

Is it a good idea to use P-CAV without any other AV? :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2009
  6. raven211

I believe so, as it sometimes is classed as an AV and therefore can create conflicts if you run additional AV-products. COMODO works pretty okay, but can make files where they collide not deletable for P-CAV. It'll then show up as a "problem" for P-CAV, and that it can only delete the file (which is probably already gone, thanks to CAV...) after the system has been rebooted.

- I'll personally run it alone when I reformat my system, or if I find any other AV product as good on the proactive front as well. My license for AntiVir Premium together with TF comes to mind.

7. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

avast! automatically quarantines any file when set to Silent mode.

8. raven211

Is silent-mode a part of the home edition? I've always tried avast! and then been disappointed cause I can't get it to work like I personally want it to. :)

9. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Raven211, I see from your task manager that maybe you have another AV running at the same time. AVG maybe?

10. ShyGuy

ShyGuy Registered Member

Ance i don't understand your :blink: smiley.

Thanks RejZoR and Raven for replies, I'll download AVAST to know how it works. :thumb:

Last edited: May 6, 2009
  11. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Most AVs today will detect spyware/adware related cookies and get rid of them automatically. Also Cloud Antivirus should not bother you with cookie detection notifications (it doesn't throw notifications on cookie detections). Why or how would you see this as a problem?

12. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Cloud Antivirus does not need to connect to the Internet every time you launch a program, this is not correct. Also you do not need to connect to run an on-demand scan. It's suggested you do in order to improve its detection, but not a requirement.

13. pegr

pegr Registered Member

AntiVir, NOD32, Prevx, and DriveSentry, for example, all have the ability to quarantine malicious files before removing them from the system. I imagine quarantining rather than automatic deletion is the norm for most antivirus programs. The whole point of a quarantine is to securely hold malicious files, usually encrypted, where they can't do any harm.

The reason for moving files to a quarantine before deleting them is that the file may be needed. Even the best antivirus programs will generate an occasional false positive and this is recognised by the vendors. As false positives have the potential to damage the system, it is important that all files are securely backed up prior to deletion in order to enable their recovery if required.

14. ShyGuy

ShyGuy Registered Member

Thanks pegr for response.
    I was wrong then, I thought that quarantine zone was only for heuristic technologies and not for signature detections.
    I was wrong :doubt: .

15. progress

progress Guest

I collect tracking cookies :D No notifications, that sounds good :)

That's why I sealed your lips :blink: No problem! ;)

16. raven211

Yes, I currently have COMODO AV - v3.9 RC2 running alongside P-CAV. I didn't receive any info. about uninstallation of it when installing P-CAV. I did however receive that on a PC running Norton that I've here.

You believe that would be the cause of the high resource usage? I'm not sure as it doesn't go into "clog-mode" (:D) whenever the two collide even, like the case where COMODO quarantines something and then P-CAV comes along and tries to quarantine/delete that. That's the reason I can think of atleast making me unsure - that it doesn't happen constantly when colliding that's, and that it can happen even when NOT colliding. I believe it's more when not compared to when they indeed are.

EDIT: Would you too suggest that you run P-CAV alone as AV software and not with others running alongside?

17. pbust

pbust AV Expert

This is most probably the reason for the "clogged mode". Unfortunately we do not have *all* different AVs defined in the installer. If we would have detected it, the installer would have cancelled the install process.

Yes, we strongly suggest *not* to run 2 different AV engines at the same time.

18. raven211

Okay, got it. :) Just wasn't sure if P-CAV was indeed classed as an AV for real and working on the same levels as those products. ;)

19. progress

progress Guest

Re: Cloud AV

Any details? :rolleyes:

20. raven211

Re: Cloud AV

pbust has confirmed that it'll remain free and fully functional - atleast from what I understand... :doubt:

21. raven211

Okay, now the software is seriously close of going off my PC. I like that it can protect proactively, but the only files where it does that are all FPs. First I didn't get serious FPs - it didn't hinder my operation - but now I've been getting some that really does lately. Last time it was "cursors.exe", which is a part of the customization pack Theme XPack by LWgame.net (does it go purely on the name, or what? o_O) and now a launcher for WoW; World of Warcraft. This would not be the biggest problem you can get, even if big, if it wasn't that I can't just tell it to "not block the program" - which there's infact a button for - cause then it'll neutralize the same thing again! Sometimes it will even "neutralize" something that's already neutralized!

22. Warklen

Warklen Registered Member

Same for me to many fps so i got rid of it before it could do any real damage...They really need to give the user the choice of removing the file or atleast quarantine the file so the user can restore if need be..Instead it just deletes it...I wont try it again untill they get this BIG problem fixed..

23. raven211

It'll only remove/quarantine items that it knows are malware and not proactively blocked - and blocking is the only thing it does to these FPs, but that obviously still makes me unable to use things, so it's really serious.

And now it seems unblock, then block/neutralize items by itself all the time - WTF!? :doubt: o_O

24. Warklen

Warklen Registered Member

For me it deleted some files belonging to a 3d text editor i had for my son..
    And i had the software on my pc for a very long time so i knows it was clean i can go through a long list of well respected security apps ive had on this pc and not one has ever pick it up as malware or even suspicious..

25. raven211

That's weird... it only block files here when it's proactively detected.

Another weird thing is that it seems to that kind of blocking once the software is on. Doesn't seem to be much boot-protection in there... Not a good impression.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.