Panda Cloud Antivirus Pro

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by SweX, Jun 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shadek

shadek Registered Member

By bloatware I meant the non-responsive and laggy GUI.
    Furthermore, the bugs are horrible. When I scan a set of 643 malware samples, PCA freezes and get me error code #1. Then the scan is stopped. And not only that, PCA stops working and requires me to start it again. It also leaves 'suspicious' files which cannot be deleted via PCA GUI or by deleting them directly in Windows... I'm required to boot into safe mode and delete them manually.

Now, when will this be fixed?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
  2. Malcontent

Malcontent Registered Member

I have no problem deleting suspicious files via the GUI. I open up the Panda GUI, click on the trash can icon and highlight the suspicious files and select delete. Or right click on the suspicious files and choose to delete using Panda's 'delete suspicious file' option. This is on a Windows XP system.

I do wish the GUI was faster to respond to commands.

3. shadek

shadek Registered Member

When I right-click to either remove or unblock the 'suspicious' file, nothing happens, the file stays there and remains 'suspicious'. And it does not even show up in the Panda GUI as suspicious. It needs to be fixed. Same goes for when scanning a huge sample of malwares. PCA stops working then. Suit up Panda! I paid for this ~ Snipped as per TOS ~ product, now fix it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2010
  4. Malcontent

It works for me and always has. Have you tried reinstalling? What OS are you using? Have you posted your issues over at the Panda Cloud support forums?

They recently released a new installer that fixed some bugs. Some of the bugs were in the installer itself. Perhaps downloading the new installer and using it to reinstall will help.

http://www.cloudantivirus.com/forum/index.jspa

They have a VIP forum for paid customers in addition to the free user forums.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2010
  5. shadek

shadek Registered Member

This has occured ever since the beta days of PCA. Therefore I ditched PCA. I bought PCA on a discount yesterday, thinking it must've been fixed... but I was wrong.

Most of the files I can delete either in PCA GUI and by right-clicking and deleting them that way. But when I do massive scans against sets of malware, this glitch occasionally occurs. Only solution is to boot in safe-mode and delete it from there.

It seems to me that PCA can't scan many malware samples at the same time without breaking.

6. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Post in the Panda Cloud PRO users forum, I have a feeling some of the Dev's will want to look into that.

7. shadek

shadek Registered Member

Yeah, I can't even scan the test folder filled with malware now without getting the error code 10.
    I've posted in the PCA Pro forum. We'll see if they'll resolve the issues I'm having.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
  8. Noob

Noob Registered Member

What is the current latest version? :rolleyes:

9. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

I believe it is at version 1.1.2.

10. shadek

shadek Registered Member

Latest version:

Attached Files:

11. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Thanks guys, since it doesn't makes major updates automatically i have to check from time to time ;) :D

12. progress

progress Guest

@pbust

Will this issue be fixed with version 1.1.3 or later? :doubt:

13. Donenzone

Donenzone Registered Member

How do you get to the About dialog? Can't find it anywhere.

14. Malcontent

Try clicking on the "?" on top corner of the GUI.

15. Donenzone

Donenzone Registered Member

Ah yes, thank you.

16. shadek

shadek Registered Member

When can we expect a fix for the late response message when PCA encounters malware?

17. progress

progress Guest

I want to know that too :(

18. shadek

shadek Registered Member

Another glitch. Panda has blocked a file and still doesn't occur in the recycle bin... it's a re-occuring bug by the way. Only way to delete the file is to boot Windows into safe-mode and remove it. That being said; it's impossible to right-click and delete or unblock the file to delete it that way. Nothing happens when I do that. No error messages. And the Panda support forum won't even work at the moment.

Attached Files:

19. progress

progress Guest

Panda should employ shadek :doubt:

20. intrepid44

intrepid44 Registered Member

Yes it is having problems I can not even get into the forum at the moment. But they are aware of it . When it comes back up post this in the forum so they panda developers can see this.

21. shadek

shadek Registered Member

Seriously, I paid for their non-finished product. It's laggy, it's glitchy and it's bugging the living hell out of me. And I can't even post at their forum because it's down.

22. Technic

Technic Registered Member

They have holiday season there, long summer holidays. :argh:

I paid for PCAV too, and no support atm. :ouch:

23. shadek

shadek Registered Member

Their VIP forum won't even go online. Thanks Panda for the great service I got by paying for the program. :)

24. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

O.K. I am confused. I was able to access their VIP forum all day yesterday and just popped in there a few minutes ago...o_O :blink: Must be a regional issue...:)

25. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Sorry if I haven't been dropping by more often lately....

Regarding the forum, it's up now. It was only down a few minutes in the last few days due to an upgrade in one of the nodes. But the other node was responding correctly all the time.

Yes I can confirm that the delayed notifications upon malware detections will be fixed in the next version.

Also we are working on fixing the suspicious filemarks and recycle bin issues that are remaining for the next version as well.

And yes, the next version will be a major version and PRO users will get it automatically and transparently.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.