Panda Cloud Antivirus Beta3

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by pbust, Oct 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arjunned

arjunned Registered Member

Good to hear. :)

2. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

Yes, good to hear that this is the last beta,

are there plans to speed up scanning? also the quick scan what does it all scan anyway?

isnt there a 'Full Scan' ? or do i have to select items to scan such as the whoe 'C:\' drive?

thanks again this a nice AV. light .

@razor

thought you was an Avast fan ;)

3. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

Very light and stable program. Easy to use.

On one system, which isn't updated as much as my current one, identified and blocked conficker from loading on an external drive. This light program seems to be working well.

4. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

@Pbust,

when ver. 1.0 is release which will be out of beta, how will users be told that the new ver 1.1 with program updater be ready?

5. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

This program is great for a set and forget for people who dont like to make desions on what to remove.

6. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Thanks for the comments :)

The first scan always takes a bit longer as it checks against the cloud all items, marking not only malicious but also known good files in its internal cache. The scans after that should be much much faster.

Quick scan is similar to what others call "intelligent scan" or "system scan", which basically scans system directories, program files, etc. but not the entire boot drive nor all other drives. To scan all drives you have to check each one in the "Scan other items" option.

7. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Basically they'll get a traybar icon notification of new version availability. They can simply click on it to download the new version and install over the older version.

8. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

so is that going to be who program update works? or will there but a auto download and ask for install? or auto install as well.

thank for the reply

9. Sputnik

Sputnik Registered Member

@pbust
    Thanks for your suggestions regarding command-line scanning. I'll be looking forward to version 1.0 of Cloud AV!

10. pbust

pbust AV Expert

At least for now yes it will be through notifications and manual download. Probably for post 1.1 we will introduce something more automatic.

11. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

i would suggest a download and ask for install to let users know of the new version.

12. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

How is PCA at detecting/removing 'rouge antivirus' ?

13. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

@Pbust

PCA detect movie factory as a FP it says it be analized by the panda lab, what does that mean? what or who is looking at it to make the desion if it safe or not.

well i know its safe, but if i unblock it will panda still detect it later on or is it better to keep it in there and panda will remove it from the block list later on?

Attached Files:

14. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

kinda odd not sure if a bug or what but

i did a test with the eicar.com test file and it found it and asked for a reboot for removal. well i didnt reboot because i was finishing a scan then would reboot well after the scan about 2 mins later the eicar file was taken off the desktop but panda still asks for a reboot.

15. pbust

pbust AV Expert

This could be to the installed heuristic engine detecting it as suspicious. Please unblock it in order to tell Collective Intelligence to re-analyze it. If it turns our non-malicious then it will be white-listed for the rest of the community.

16. pbust

pbust AV Expert

It' a bug which will be fixed in v1.0. To get rid of the reboot notification open regedit and delete the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\PsBoot

Stop and start the service (NanoServiceMain) and the reboot notification should be gone.

17. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Any rough estimation on when we can expect version 1.0 ? This month, next month, next year?

18. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

i unblocked but it put the file not it the orignal loction but in a folder call 'LostFound' ? why was it placed there? i did unblock from the recyle bin.

thank you
    Brock

19. pbust

pbust AV Expert

This month :D :D :D

20. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Weird, it shouldn't do that unless the original location is not available or the logged in user doesn't have full access to it. Can you write to that directory by default (without UAC prompts or anything else)?

21. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

well it does get placed back in the program files folder which does need a UAC to write to. i am running an admin account. and the origonal loction is still there.

22. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

i placed the file back where it belongs. PCA left a zero byte file and i also re scaned the file and nothing come up as far as an alart . so is it safe now?

23. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Yes this is also a known bug which will be fixed in version 1.0.

24. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

Have played around with some signitures and it seems Panda is quick to catch the samples before Immunet, Panda catches more with signitures and Immunet likes to Catch the Generics that Panda missed. But together i think they make a good team 9/10

25. progress

progress Guest

I think this feature would be very important because ordinary Joe won't deinstall-install-deinstall ... :doubt:

When will we see the self protection feature? Version 1.1? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.