Panda Cloud Antivirus Beta3

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by pbust, Oct 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Thanks Rejzor. We have these bugs already identified and in the process of fixing all of them. They will all be fixed for v1.0.

2. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Why does Panda Cloud always require system restart to remove malware even if that's not necessary at all...

3. clocks

clocks Registered Member

It didn't for me when I tested it.

4. pbust

pbust AV Expert

It's part of the same bug which you refered to as "proper cleaning of files". Ony happens with a certain types of files and situations. Will be fixed in v1.0 as well.

5. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Makes sense. Keep up the good work. This is the first Panda product that i actually like a lot.

6. pbust

pbust AV Expert

7. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

How come nothing ever is stored in Recycle bin? What's the purpose of this feature if it's empty all the time. Or am i missing something? I thought that every detected file is stored there...

8. arjunned

arjunned Registered Member

Yes. I was just about to post the same.

Also if i disable Automatic management of possible viruses, does it disable the AV completely or does it prompt on detection of a possible virus?

9. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Unchecking that feature doesn't seem to do anything. Malware was still processed automatically. And nothing was stored in Recycle bin.
    So, i'm not exactly sure what's the point of that thing.

10. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Recycle Bin stores detections of potentially unwanted programs and suspicious file detected through the local or cloud heuristics. You can then unblock them from the Recycle Bin or via Explorer's context menu (Unblock this item, Permanently delete this item).

Detections of malware are automatically deleted/disinfected. You can access the historical report of malware disinfections from the Recycle Bin (Can't find what you're looking for?) and restore malware detections if you so wish.

The automatic management basically allows Collective Intelligence to automatically restore suspicious/PUP files that turn out to be non-malicious, sends telemetry to prioritize the analysis of certain files over others based on prevalence and submits suspicious files which have never been seen before for further analysis. This only applies to PE files.

11. Sputnik

Sputnik Registered Member

@pbust
    First of all, thanks for offering the free Panda Cloud AV! Yesterday I took a quick look at the program and noticed the same things as pointed by RejZoR. Besides I have a question of my own, is there any possibility for command-line scanning with Cloud AV?

12. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Thanks for explanation.

13. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

For a work in progress, this seems to be quite a good program. And with pbust now living here, makes using the program even more attractive.

So far so good with the program. :)

14. pbust

pbust AV Expert

15. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

@pbust
    Is there any chance that malware detection notifications would contain malware name? Because at the moment, it just says "Threat neutralized", but it doesn't really says what kind of threat. I'd prefer "Threat Trj/FakeAV_XP neutralized". So i don't have to dig into logs just to find out what type of malware it was.

16. pbust

pbust AV Expert

I'm guessing you mean the traybar notification popups. I'll take it up with the interface group so that they evaluate it. One potential drawback it has is that this notification sometimes shows "x number of threats neutralized". If X is a large number, it would be hard to fit all names into the notification area.

17. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Oh, you got that right. What about showing the name only when 1 malware is detected and using without specific naming when several threats are detected.
    But then again, that would create new possible bugs in interface that i'm not sure you'll be able to fix till version 1.0.
    I guess it's better to just leave it as it is.

18. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Yep you're right its not the change itself, it's the impact on other stuff that makes small changes more complex than they seem.

We'll keep it in mind for future versions anyway.

19. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Are active rootkits handled by the panda Cloud or just inactive ones?
    I mean, can Panda Cloud detect rootkits that are already installed or it only detects them when you download them from internet (before they are activated)?

20. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Detects both, active and inactive.
    It can also deactivate active ones.

21. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Cool. Can't wait for 1.0 release :)

22. arjunned

arjunned Registered Member

Is this the final beta?

23. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

It's the final 0.9 Beta 3. Not final version as version 1.0 (which is usually considered as final and stable release).

24. tsilo

tsilo Registered Member

And when will final version available?

25. pbust

pbust AV Expert

All I can say is that this is the last beta. No more betas after this one. Version 1.0 will be released shortly ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.