Panda Cloud Antivirus Beta 1.9

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by pbust, Apr 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carat

carat Guest

The Panda is still sleeping ...

Attached Files:

2. pbust

pbust AV Expert

3. Montmorency

Montmorency Registered Member

I wish there was no full fledged FW in Panda Cloud.
    Some sort of outbound filter to complement Windows FW would be a simpler solution for a simple AV.

4. xandros

xandros Registered Member

:D :D :D

5. atomomega

atomomega Registered Member

If you ask me, I'm extremely pleased with the performance of the current stable relase, meaning 1.5.1
    If you ask me again, I'd rather have no FW at all built-in PCAV be it a Free or Pro feature. I just don't need it.

6. Montmorency

Agree.

7. Montmorency

Agree.

8. Montmorency

In fact... I don't understand Panda's policy with its line of products.
    Could it be that the cloud AVs are casting a shadow over the mainstream solutions?

Did Panda opened the Pandora's box?

9. Rompin Raider

Rompin Raider Registered Member

When I first saw that picture, I thought it was trjam sleeping!:D :D

10. trjam

trjam Registered Member

LMAO So did my wife.;)

11. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

I'm hoping that the user will be given an option to install just the AV. Its always nice to have options.

12. Scott W

Scott W Registered Member

In that case why wouldn't you just install the Free Panda Cloud AV? o_O

13. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

The paid version does have at least a couple extra features than the free one, such as extended behavioural analysis.

14. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

I was just commenting on what PCAV 2.0 is going to have. Unless I'm mistaken. I thought PCAV 2.0 is going to have the firewall standard.

15. pegr

pegr Registered Member

Agreed. I would far rather Panda take their time and fix all of the reported issues before releasing 2.0 than rush to get it out with known bugs still present. I value quality of the end product more than speed of development, even if it means a longer development and testing cycle.

16. pegr

pegr Registered Member

AFAIK, the firewall will only be in the Pro version.

17. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

@Pbust

I favour Panda's long beta period over releasing beta's in production (e.g. like a security vendor named after a reptile with poisonous bacteria in his mouth living on an Indonesian isle)

@Others

Adding a firewall is a paradigm shift. In stead of blacklisting it involves whitelisting. It opens the door to PrevX like "community" and "popularity" monitoring.

It is easy to make jokes on the Panda logo, but calling their free AV "cloud AV" was marketing wise a brilliant move. Just do a google search on CLOUD ANTIVIRUS and see which company dominates the first rank lists (not the ones who started the cloud based AV innovation). Better being lazy and having a Unique Search Advantage than being smart and needing to buy Google adwords.

Suggestion: use the Wilders Community to vote for likes, stop paying for useless adwords (your on top anyway), and use this saved money to give away first 200 (it is afterall Panda 2.0) Wilders members (who beta tested) and provide a "Like" after introduction of the 2.0 a regular yearly lisence of the Pro version

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 19, 2012
  18. trjam

trjam Registered Member

good post Kees. That link is for their business product and links to the store. Not really sure if a different group maybe controls that and how thier business product is marketing.

19. Rompin Raider

Rompin Raider Registered Member

I'm a little nervous with the trjam "avatar-less look"...do we need to have a poll to pick the new avatar? My hunch is Panda!

20. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

All active beta testers recieved a one-year license last year, around the time 1.9.1 was released. I know Clay and I recieved one. And in December we gave away five two-year licenses to celebrate hitting 20,000 fans on Facebook. :)

To vote: http://www.cloudav.ideascale.com/

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  21. Kees1958

Really three (3) lisences, impressive, must have caused an earth slide/tsunami in 'likes' I guess, were the servers of facebook able to deal with this load, can't figure out why I missed this, three lisences, really impressive

22. carat

carat Guest

ROFL :D

23. Kees1958

Good for you and the other active Beta testers. No sarcasm here. Just wanting to point out that they have to make some noise (using [social] networks) and are spending money on advertisements where Panda top's the results ranking list anyway (ineffective marketing spend, better use it on free lisences to make some noise with the introdiction of 2.0).

Use the positive feeling some have for Panda, for instance a wall of beta testers (with their avatar, usernames or member nickname) in the launch pages of Panda 2.0, would not you point that out to your friends? (hey I am mentioned). So stretch the giveaway to a number which matters and relates to the event (e.g. 200 lisences for Panda 2.0 and a 1$ donation for the preserve of the Panda's for each like given through Google search, not Facebook, yep that is a new criteria which will be used in rankings in the future, so prepare now).

24. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

I totally agree with Kees1958 :thumb:

25. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

You only mentioned "Wilders" beta testers, so I gave a heads up that Panda gave away licenses to all those beta testers. All or active, I really don't remember. But it was very generous of Panda. :thumb: Besides, I'm sure all the die-hard fans will 'like' Panda without the encouragement of licenses. Right, trjam? :D

No. Five, two-year licenses. (I said three-years earlier but that was a mistake) :D

I hope not to sound like your suggestion is a bad one, I would be shouting and have two thumbs up if I could. lol 200 seems a bit too much though. How about 20? (after all it is 2.0, not 20.0, haha) :) Panda gives away more licenses year-round than most other free and paid AV competitors, so there is always a chance for anybody to win a license if they are alert enough. :argh: :thumb: I liked the list of beta testers thing in Norton 2012, I find it pretty cool. :cool:

:thumb: After reading about Firefox adopting red pandas, I always wanted to suggest for them to do something similar but I was too shy I suppose. haha :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.